We are now recruiting for experienced and professional Support Workers, with experience of working with clients with Epilepsy, to deliver high-quality care for clients in Bournemouth, Kinson and the surrounding local area to work full or part time hours in the local area through our Bournemouth branch.
It is essential that you are dedicated to promoting the well-being and quality of life of each individual you care for. This means recognising the capabilities of each person, championing their needs and seeing them as more than a care plan.
Due to rural client locations and shift times, public transport is not always readily available, therefore access to your own vehicle is desirable.The Support Role
Our services are designed to enable service users to live more independent and fulfilling lives, accessing the community and interacting with friends, family and local people. This could include supporting with appointments, outings and general household tasks. You will need to be passionate about quality of care and strive to ensure their needs are fully met.
As an experienced Support Worker, supporting clients with epilepsy, it is necessary that you are confident delivering personal care with a mindful approach towards protecting the dignity of the individual and promoting their independence.
If you take pride in giving the best possible care that enhances the wellbeing and quality of life of every individual you care for, we can offer you flexible shifts that can be tailored to fit around your family or other job commitments.
It's desirable that you have at least an NVQ2 / SVQ2 level qualification in Health and Social Care, with epilepsy and medication training.Newcross Perks
- Salary up to £14.20/hr paid weekly including holiday pay
- Permanent, flexible hours contract
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free training through credits earned as you work
- Criminal record check (DBS) cost refunded after initial period
- Online area and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- 24-hour support contact centre, open 365 days a year
- Local line manager and branch support team
- Recommend a friend scheme, paying up to £500 per successful referral
Newcross healthcare value all of our employees and wish for all to have clear career progression because of this (unlike any other agency) we offer over 200 training courses to ensure that our employees always have the opportunity to evolve in their role, learn new skills and develop and progress further in their career. It is important for us to provide stability to our people, we are not and never have been a 'zero hours' employer. All of our healthcare professionals have minimum hours guaranteed in their contracts, giving them the security of a steady income, with the flexibility to choose your own hours, you can have the work-life balance to suits you.The Requirements For This Role
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- Provide experience of clients with epilepsy and you have at least an NVQ2 / SVQ2 level qualification in Health and Social Care with medication/epilepsy training.
- A full driving licence and access to a car is desirable due to client locations.
Click the Apply Now button to begin your application.
If you cannot apply online, please call . Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
- full time
- care assistant
- driving licence
- healthcare assistant
- disability care
- agency jobs
- bounemouth support workers
- kinsin support workers
- epilepsy care