Newcross Healthcare is looking for professional, dedicated and experienced Support Workers who have access to their own vehicle to deliver high-quality care to support clients in Torquay, Teignmouth, Paignton, Newton Abbot, Dawlish and the surrounding Devonshire towns, through our local Torquay branch.
For a limited time, we are offering a free uniform and free DBS check when you join us.The Role
Within your role you will be responsible for assisting with key health and personal support functions to assist the clients with day to day living. Our person centred service is designed to support all areas of the person centred care plan. This helps our clients to interact with their families and also the local community, whilst enabling them to maximise their independence and live fulfilling lives.
A conscientious and dedicated approach to personalised care makes an incredible difference to all service users, which is why we are looking to employ the best people, to develop the best skills. You will form an integral part of the Newcross team in this varied and rewarding role, delivering person-centred care in accordance with personalised care plans that enrich lives.
It is essential that you are dedicated to promoting the well-being and quality of life of each individual you care for. This means recognising the capabilities of each person, championing their needs and seeing them as more than a care plan.
You will have access to comprehensive training and 24 hour support, and in order to ensure that you always have enough work you will be employed on a permanent, flexible contract with guaranteed hours.
Due to rural client locations and shift times, public transport is not always readily available, therefore access to your own vehicle is desirable.Perks of Working With Newcross:
- Salary up to £14.48/hr, paid weekly
- Free uniform and DBS check (for a limited time)
- Mileage expenses paid for most clients
- Permanent, flexible contract with guaranteed hours
- Ongoing training and development, free through work credits
- 24 hour support from our dedicated central contact centre
- A local line manager and branch team in Torquay
- Recommend a friend scheme, paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Online areas to interact with colleagues, manage availability and book shifts
Your local branch is based in Torquay. First opened in 1996, Torquay is our first ever branch and remains the flagship to this day. We've expanded from this office to over 57 branches across the UK, so if you'd like to join our ever growing team, please apply today.Why Join Newcross?
Newcross Healthcare value all of our employees and wish for all to have clear career progression because of this (unlike any other agency) we offer over 200 training courses to ensure that our employees always have the opportunity to evolve in their role, learn new skills and develop and progress further in their career.
It is important for us to provide stability to our people, we are not and never have been a 'zero hours' employer. All of our healthcare professionals have minimum hours guaranteed in their contracts, giving them the security of a steady income, with the flexibility to choose your own hours, you can have the work-life balance to suits you.Requirements:
- Right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a support worker role in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- Applicants ideally would have access to their own vehicle
- NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care highly preferable.
For an informal discussion with one of our recruitment team or to apply for a care assistant job with Newcross in Teignmouth, click the apply button below.
If you cannot apply online, please call . Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
- support worker
- full time
- care assistant
- learning disabilities
- care agency
- Torquay support work
- torquay support worker
- Paignton support worker
- Newton abbot support work
- Teignmouth support work