This innovative and high quality education and care provider is looking for a Wellbeing Support Worker to join their newly transformed service providing support for adults with learning disabilities. Please note this is a maternity cover role. You don’t need qualifications but an NVQ in Health and Social Care at Level 2 would be desirable. What you do need are the right values, behaviours and attitude to join the team.
Temporary and flexible shifts are available on weekdays, evenings, overnight and weekends too, with the potential to become a permanent position. The role is based in Golders Green.
No two days are the same, but general responsibilities are:
• Supporting adults to maintain their emotional, physical, spiritual, cultural and psychological wellbeing.
• Exploring and understanding people’s strengths, passions and interests, using this knowledge to help determine a responsible support for individual’s needs.
• Building confidence and self-esteem, developing opportunities to enable relationships in the local community.
• Organising a wide range of activities including exercise, cooking, arts & crafts, drama, music, gardening, shopping trips and other special occasions.
• Completing paperwork where necessary.
• Assisting and supporting individuals with medical/health needs, including maintaining a high level of cleanliness and hygiene.
• Committing to showing dignity and respect at all times.
• Using own initiative and creativity to engage those supported.
• Complying with policies and procedures as set by the organisation and regulatory bodies including the Care Quality Commission & the local boroughs.
What’s important here is a willingness to learn and develop new skills whilst radiating positivity! You have the opportunity to really make a difference to people’s lives, and the most supportive team around you to help you do just that.
If you’d like to make a difference, please apply for this role today.
Due to the nature of this role, the selected candidate will be subject to a DBS check carried out by the employer.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job