(Please note: you will be a temporary member of staff working on behalf of Reed and will be matched with shifts within a specific service to suit your availability)
Key Functional Responsibilities
* Building caring and positive relationships with service users whilst recognising the individual’s independence and best interests at all times.
* Deliver safe practical assistance to the service user (if required) and adhere to their privacy and rights at all times
* A willingness to join in on creative activities, development strategies and trips whether it be lone working or as a team
* To use person centred planning tools to help individuals (along with other important people in their lives) identify future aspirations, and current support needs and preferences, and consider how these can best be met
* To take guidance, support and direction from others
* Be confident working with challenging behaviours and complex needs
* Support may include personal care (this could be washing, changing and assisting the service user with their hair or to the bathroom), household duties, budgeting, general socialising, education or employment support and more.
* Ensure the highest standard of care and support is delivered
The ‘Must Haves’
* You must have at least 6 months paid care experience
* You must be able to provide at least 3 references to cover you within the last 5 years
* You must have a duty of care and understand the importance in providing the standard of care required for the organisation you will be working in.
* Trust Us – Reed are specialist recruiters and have been for 57 years.
* PVG Scheme – We pay for your PVG whether it be a brand new application or just an update. It’s on us!
* Training Essentials – As you will be aware working in an environment as detailed above, it is crucial you are up to trained on the safest ways to execute moving and handling and other key areas of care. We pay for you to do the necessary training required annually.
* Online Timesheets – No need for paper timesheets. We have our own online system that allows you to track your hours, view your payslips and loads more.
* Holiday Pay – One of our pay rolling methods offers holiday accrual which you are entitled to claim for at any point during your employment with Reed. Who wouldn’t want to be paid for their time off?
* Refer A Friend Scheme – Know an ex work colleague looking for work too? Perhaps a friend who has experience working in social care? We offer high street vouchers for any successful referrals.
Whether you are looking for support work full-time, part-time, ad hoc or perhaps some shifts to add on to your current employment – we’re interested in you! Send us your most recent CV and we will be touch to discuss the next step to work with Reed.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job