Support Worker - Neath Port Talbot
Make a difference! Focus on what matters - your patients! To provide personal care, practical and emotional support to vulnerable persons within Swansea and/or Neath Port Talbot who are identified as requiring support in order to remain in their own home and avoid the potential for unnecessary hospital admission. Be part of a world wide company that helps millions of people in the UK and around the world to prepare for, respond to and recover from emergencies, disasters and conflicts.
Benefits: This is an excellent opportunity to join a progressive care provider in the area. Our client prides themselves on developing their people and providing fantastic training opportunities.
Other benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Accrued Holiday pay
- Flexible working hours
- Dedicated consultant to help guide you through the recruitment process
- To undertake necessary risk assessments in accordance with the needs and as identified by the referrer
- To deliver care directly undertaking and supervising tasks related to the physical (including personal care), social and emotional needs of service users.
- To communicate with patients, carers and health professionals in a professional manner
- To assist the patient with oral medication when the patient is self - medicating
- To record any changes in the patients circumstances, condition or symptoms and notify other health care professionals as necessary
- To notify the Team leader, Service Manager and Independent living Manager of any accidents, incidents and near misses and to report and record them in line with BRC best practice and policies and procedures
- To be aware of, identify and report any safeguarding concerns to the Team leader, Service Manager and or Independent living Operations Manager and ensure all reporting procedures are followed in accordance with policies and procedures.
- To liaise with and provide support to the service users family and carers throughout the episode of care and support
- To ensure that all relevant paperwork and documentation is completed and recorded accurately in line with operational procedure
- To regularly update service users records of activity and support onto the Red Cross data base system
- To ensure that volunteers working in the service complete the required paperwork to support service delivery
- To report to the Team Leader after each duty and ensure that the Lone Worker policy is fully complied with.
- To ensure the use of appropriate PPE as relevant to the task undertaken and in line with BRC procedure
- To participate in training, supervisions and staff meetings as well as the annual appraisal and personal development process.
You will have at least 2 years experience of working within community based health and social care Statutory
or voluntary sector service
- A valid DBS
- An understanding of issues relating to the care and support of vulnerable people preferably in a domiciliary care setting
- Good ICT skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Has empathy and understanding of vulnerable adults
If you're looking to join a company with fantastic opportunities, competitive salary, working with a friendly team then this could be the role for you. To avoid missing out on such a brilliant opportunity to join a market leader in the area, please apply by either calling or via email
This role is open to receiving applications over the next 2 weeks. Within 10 days of the closing date, appropriate applicants will be invited to register with Randstad Care.
Randstad Care acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Care is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
Did you know that Randstad Care have been awarded a place on the National Clinical Staffing Framework for the NHS? This means we will be able to bring you more opportunities within nursing & midwifery and clinical staffing.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job