South Essex (Chelmsford, Basildon, Southend based)
Salary of £16,380 per annum
Our client is a small specialist provider working alongside people with Autism and complex needs, and their families in the South Essex area. The specific areas they provide services are Southend, Rochford, Rayleigh, Wickford and Basildon. Successful applicants will after a period of coaching, training and development be working on a 1-1 basis joining the core teams of two to four of our customers.
They are recruiting a number of support workers to join their teams in the Chelmsford, Basildon and Southend areas who are committed, hardworking and energetic people interested in permanent full time or part time hours to join our growing team of community based and supported living Support Workers.
Their Support Workers have the privilege and opportunity to support people with a diverse range of personalities & interests helping to meet their daily needs, as well as enabling them to live in a way that makes sense to them and pursue their future aspirations. The role will include:
- Enabling people to access a range of mainstream community settings such as college and volunteering opportunities
- Socialising with acquaintances and friends
- Accessing specialist resources where required
- Supporting people to maintain their tenancies and be as independent as possible in their own homes
- Support people while they are on holiday which has included trips abroad as well as adventurous trips more locally in Wales and the Peak District
As a member of their team you will receive the necessary coaching by existing members of their team, training, including access to Level 2, 3 and 5 in Health and Social Care plus more specialist opportunities bespoke to your development needs and those of the people you are supporting.
You will be provided with regular 1-1 supervisions, attend regular core team supervisions specific to the people you are supporting and contribute to our ongoing support planning, risk assessment and behaviour strategy processes for the customers you work alongside.
A successful candidate for their Support Worker role will have the following skills:
- No previous experience is required
- A natural inclination towards wanting to enable others to live life to the full
- Applicants are required to have a valid driving licence and access to a vehicle to use for work purposes
Support Worker Benefits:
- Full or part-time permanent contracts
- Basic salary of £16,380 per annum
- Sleep in shifts at £69.38 per night
- Overtime rates of £10 to £12.50 per hour
- Up to 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (pro-rata)
- Pension Scheme
- 0.40p per mile where they are required to use their own vehicle for work purposes
- DBS checks, staff training and development costs are paid for by Nexus-Support including any expenses incurred.
If you feel you have the attitude and skills to join us and want a job that makes a genuine difference to peoples lives, please apply now!