Do you want to work for a national charity supporting people with learning disabilities and their families? If the answer is yes then this is the job for you!
This is a full time permanent position paying between £7.66 and £8.12 where additional hours are available as well as an additional payment for sleep-ins.
Safehands Recruitment are currently looking for a Support Worker that is passionate about their work and wants to ensure that everyone has a personalised and quality support service. You will be supporting people with learning disabilities who from time to time require high levels of personal care. You need to be flexible to work shift patterns which may include sleep-in duties as well.
Responsibilities of Support Worker:
- Support people with learning disabilities to the highest standard and in line with their support plan, cultural needs and wishes.
- Support people with personal care if required, which may include toileting and bathing, in line with their support plan.
- Support and encourage people to make choices and life decisions in line with the Mental Capacity Act requirements.
- Assist and encourage people to engage in everyday home, social, leisure and work activities, according to the individual’s choice.
- Support people with their health needs as required, e.g. taking medication and attending doctor’s appointments.
- Keep accurate and up to date records.
- Support people with their finances, where necessary, and in line with Hft guidelines
- Promote health, safety and well-being of the people we support.
- Work positively with colleagues, families and external organisations and professionals.
- Look for opportunities to use Personalised Technology to increase people’s independence.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Improve the support provided by discussing any new ideas.
- Participate in learning and development opportunities as required.
- Undertake any other duties as appropriate.
Person Specification for Support Worker:
- You must be a good listener as well as a good communicator.
- You must be able to support each person in both their home and in the wider community.
- You need to be a team player as well as having the ability to work alone and be an active contributory member.
- You must be flexible to work shift patterns which will include weekends, nights and bank holidays.
Additional information for Support Worker:
- 20 days annual leave rising to 25 after first year, plus 8 customary days for bank holidays.
- Contributory pension scheme amongst other company benefits.
- Full training provided including the completion of the Care Certificate
Don't miss out on being rewarded with amazing job satisfaction and feeling part of a community. This leading healthcare provider based in Alcester, is passionate about offering the best service to both staff and clients. So apply today!
If this exciting opportunity is of interest to you please apply immediately or call the permanent recruitment team on , alternatively email your CV to