Sugarman Education are looking for a number of learning support assistants to work at a large special needs school in Westerham in Kent.
The successful candidate will need to have proven PMLD and EBD experience, with strong behavioural management. You will be driven and consistent with your teaching, promoting and encouraging students to reach their full potential.
Your main duties will include:
* Inspiring and engaging with students with physical and mental difficulties.
* Assessing individual learning needs and working on a group basis.
* Preparing materials, equipment and lessons
* Assessing and reporting on individual pupils' progress
* Assisting with the personal care needs of pupils; this may include feeding, changing and manual handling.
* Liaising with parents, carers and professionals such as mainstream teachers, education welfare officers, social workers and Healthcare professionals
The successful candidates need to have previous experience of working with SEN students and have a strong desire of getting involved in every aspect of the school. Experience with children and young adults that have PMLD, SLD, ASD & MLD would be preferable.
This school provides pupils whose learning difficulties range from severe to profound and multiple. A number of pupils have physical disabilities and a growing proportion have complex medical conditions, all have a statement of special Education needs.
**SEN/ PMLD School
** Full time and Part time
** Behavioural Management
** ASAP Start
** Competitive rates
If you feel you can create a happy, safe purposeful and stimulation learning environment for pupils providing a broad, balance curriculum designed to meet the individual needs of pupils then this is the role for you.
Please contact Callum at Sugarman Education
Cordant is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job