East Yorkshire Housing Association ltd have excellent opportunities for Support Workers of all levelsto join their team based in Bridlington.
Job Title: Support Worker
Location: Bridlington, East Riding of Yorkshire
Salary: Competitive + Benefits
Job Type: Shift and Overnight work are required
East Yorkshire Housing Association Ltd is a voluntary, not for profit organisation, established in 1983, limited by guarantee and operating under charitable rules. We provide housing, Support, and a Day Centre for Vulnerable Adults in and around Bridlington. We are also a Domiciliary Agency registered with the Care Quality Commission and can provide Health and/or Social Care/Support Customers in their own homes.
Support Worker – Responsibilities:
- To assist in the provision of Care and/or Support
- To work as part of a team to achieve required standards
- To provide personalised outcomes focused services to Customers living in the community
- Ensure the highest possible levels of Care and Support are maintained by supporting/ assisting Customers when required with washing, toileting, dressing, undressing and all other aspects of daily living
- Maintain standards within the Customers home, domestic duties, laundering and ironing etc to promote independence
- Assist Customers in all aspects of their care and support needs (e.g. physical, emotional and spiritual). Provide attention when needed, whilst ensuring Customers retain their comfort and dignity
- Pay particular attention to assisting Customers who have limited mobility or Physical/Learning Difficulties, making the best use of aids provided
- Closely monitor Customers who may be confused and/or who have behavioural problems
- Observe Care Planning needs for Customers and complete written daily records as instructed and in line with the Policies and Procedures
- Practice maximum integrity in all dealings with Customers; personal and financial affairs and avoid abuse of the privileged relationship that exists with customers
- Participate in Staff and Customer meetings as and when required
- Maintain professional knowledge and competence
Support Worker – Requirements:
- One Years’ experience in health and social care an advantage but not essential.
- NVQ 2 in Health and Social Care, or Willingness to work towards it within 6 months.
- Appointment is subject to an Enhanced Criminal Records Check
- In line with the National Minimum Standards we are required legally to employ people that are at least 21 years of age who may need to lone work
To submit your CV for this exciting Support Worker opportunity, please click ‘Apply’ now.
This role may be relevant if you have previously worked as a Residential Support Worker, Care Worker, Social Care, Social Worker, Home Support, Child Support, Elderly Care, Adult Care, Mental Health Worker, Relief Carer, Waking Night Worker, Outreach Support, Dementia Care, Healthcare Assistant, Nurse, Nursing Assistant, Youth Worker, Project Worker.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job