This job has ended. Find similar jobs.
We are currently recruiting support workers to work 42 hours per week for Devon Lodge. The post holder will be based at a small residential home in Hedge End.
Salary/Benefits: £8.00 p/h then £8.25 after probation, Pension Scheme, Training and development opportunities, cycle to work scheme, DBS paid for.
Site address: 23a Grange Road, Hedge End, Southampton, SO30 2FL
Devon Lodge is a specialist residential home for young adults, set up in order to extend our provision beyond school age. Its emphasis is on developing life, vocational and intellectual skills that will support a successful transition into adult life.
In this role you will;
• Build professional relationships with the clients and other staff at your establishment and throughout the company
• Do everything possible to maintain a safe, clean and enjoyable environment to live and work in, this will involve domestic duties
• Learn about our individual's specific needs and help meet those needs in the most appropriate way following all policies and procedures
• Assist clients with their medical and welfare needs and to report as required, which may include the administration of emergency "when required" medication
• Support our clients to maintain their personal cleanliness, general hygiene and appearance, this may include intimate care, following individual care plan
We’re looking for people who have:
• Awareness of the general health, safety and welfare of the clients
• Awareness of what equal opportunities and discrimination are and how it can be prevented
• Awareness of what effective teamwork is
• Ability to follow a work pattern and attend work punctually and reliably
• Ability to participate in training and development to enable the job to be done to the required standard
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the people within our care. All candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS and reference check and an offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance.
Do you want to make a positive difference? Click ‘apply’ now. We can’t wait to hear from you!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job