Support Worker, Young People
£19,691.11 - £21,534.81 (Depending on experience)
Part time & full time opportunities available
Care in Mind provide residential services for young people aged 16-25 years old. The young people we care for often require a high level of support to assist with difficulties they may have from self-harming, behaviour, and emotional difficulties. Our aim is to support the young people using a therapeutic approach to help them achieve their individual goals, in preparation for transition to adult life.
At Care in Mind our homes are always a hub of activity and energy where the young people can feel safe, and our staff can enjoy coming to work. Your role will involve working with our young people to promote independence through support with education, household tasks, shopping, building positive relationships and general life skills. We always encourage our young people and staff to bring their hobbies and knowledge into the home whether this be knitting, fitness, cooking or even singing so there is never a dull moment.
Part of the role will be managing various levels of self-harm using a least restrictive approach, so you will require a high level of resilience and have a caring, compassionate nature. You will also be required to update online care records and complete medication administration. In addition, you will be responsible for the general upkeep and tidiness of the home ensuring the young people live in homely environment.
Previous care experience is not essential and full training will be provided. All our staff will be supported to achieve their Level 3 in Adult Care. You will also receive ongoing support and mentoring from our friendly residential and clinical team.
The job is highly rewarding and a great start to developing your career working with young people and mental health. This role would also suit psychology graduates looking to develop their experience working in a multi-disciplinary team or people with life experiences wanting to give something back. There are opportunities for excellent career progression, with many of our staff developing into senior residential roles.
- 30 days holiday (Rising to 35 days with service including bank holidays)
- An additional day off each year for your birthday
- Excellent Learning and Development opportunities (NVQ Level 3 in Adult Health & Social Care)
- Healthcare CashPlan with costs provided towards dental and optical care and a range of other healthcare treatments and benefits including discounted gym memberships, online shopping discounts, free eye tests and various other benefits
- Paid Training & Induction
- Enhanced company pension
- Life Assurance (2 x annual salary)
- Free parking available and good direct transport links
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave
- Paid Enhanced DBS check
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme/24-hour Counselling Service
- Regular social events and recognition schemes (Employee of the year awards, Summer & Christmas parties)
Essential requirements of a Support Worker
- Flexibility - Your role will involve working shifts including sleep ins/weekends/Bank Holidays
- Must be able to attend training throughout employment which will be held on weekdays
- Good written skills and the ability to write basic reports and record information accurately
- Basic IT skills (Your role will involve some computer work, completing forms, using an online care system, and writing emails)
- Good verbal communication skills and the ability to listen to others
- An understanding of the issues around confidentiality
- An understanding of safeguarding
- A professional working boundary between staff and service users
- Ability to remain calm in emergencies, supporting others during difficult situations
- Please note that we do not accept CV’s and the application must be completed in full.
- Care in Mind operates a safer recruitment process and as part of this process the successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
- We are an equal opportunities employer who values diversity and positively encourages applications of all ages from all sections of the community.
- We reserve the right to close the advert early, should we appoint a suitable candidate.
- Mental Health
- Young People
- Medication Administration
- Building Positive Relationships
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'