Due to expansion Safehands recruitment are recruitment for Support Workers with children based in Shrewsbury who are keen individuals with an ambition to progress within health and social care for a full time position.
You will be transforming the lives of children with the most complex needs with an integrated approach to care, education and therapy brings about consistently successful outcomes.
We are looking for support workers with high integrity, professionalism and aspirations towards excellence to join our team of Support Workers with children, to support children and young people in a small home in Shrewsbury. This is a full time, permanent opportunity paying £17852- £19892 + sleep in allowance 9approx £4k per year). A comprehensive training and induction programme to support all staff with career and progression. Due to the complexity of the children and young people- only those with experience in a children's residential environment, a National Diploma level 3/ NVQ level 3 will be considered for this post.
Responsibilities of Support Worker With Children:
• Contribute to the effective implementation of individual programmes by supporting learning, independence and experiences.
• Manage the well-being and behaviour's ensuring significant behavioural or physical occurrences are addressed and managed accordingly
• Assisting with the completion of care plans, risk assessments, incident reports and daily reports
• Supporting clients with morning and evening routines
• Supporting clients with challenging behaviour and adopting de-escalation techniques
• Supporting client's with in house and external activities
• Promote strong communication with both clients and staff team to ensure handover are accurate and factual
• Maintain professional relationships with clients, family and external healthcare professionals
• Adhering to company policies and procedures
Person Specification for Support Worker With Children:
• Experience working as a support worker with children and young people with multiple complex needs including autism, learning difficulties, deep-routed trauma, child sexual exploitation is essential
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Hold a NVQ3/Level 3 in Children and Young People's Workforce or equivalent
• Full driving licence and own transport
Benefits to you:
• Highly competitive salary
• An excellent induction programme with training and ongoing support
• Pension scheme with employer contributions
• Employee assistance programme including counselling, fitness advice and personal coaching on health, stress and relationship issues
• Occupational health support
• Discounted gym membership
Don't miss out on being rewarded with amazing job satisfaction and feeling part of a community. This leading healthcare provider based in Shrewsburyis passionate about offering the best service to both staff and clients. So apply today!
If this exciting opportunity is of interest to yourself please apply immediately or call the permanent recruitment team on , alternatively email your CV to