An exciting and rewarding opportunity has arisen for a role within the South Yorkshire Area working with Children with disabilities, both Learning Disabilities and Physical Disabilities.
This is not domiciliary care! Shifts range in hours, and location, but we do not provide domiciliary Support Workers as a company.
There is an increasing amount of work available for the right candidates, interviews are taking place now, so please call today for a discussion about positions in more detail.
As per client request, you will ideally have the following qualities:
• Demonstrate an understanding of working with children with a learning disability, Autism, e.g. social or emotional.
• Experience of working in a social care environment
• Experience of supporting children with a learning Disability / Autism
• Supporting with personal care
• an understanding of working in a person centred way
• Understanding of the need to respect and maintain confidentiality.
Role will include taking clients out into the community, whether that be swimming, cinema or visiting parks and museum. This may be on a one to one basis and a two to one basis depending on client needs.
The role involves you supporting with life skills and semi independence living.
To support with activities and respite which can be fun and beneficial for all parties involved. Current support workers thoroughly enjoy this aspect of the role.
Reed offers a competitive salary, dependent on the client you are working with. The average wage would be £8-£10 per hour.
Numerous roles available.
Contact the office on 0114 2754466 or apply online.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business