We are currently seeking to recruit a permanent Support Worker in Winterton on Sea. We have a part-time (20 hour) or full-time (37.5 hour) contract available. Our shifts are rota'd over Monday to Sunday typically 6.30am-2.30pm, 9.30am-3.30pm, 2.40pm-10pm or 10pm to 7am (sleep in).
This is an interesting and varied role supporting 5 males and 1 female who lived within shared accommodation. They live within a large Georgian house set in beautiful woodland grounds. The role involves working with adults of various ages (30s-50s) with a learning disability and other support needs to live as independently as possible.
You will be supporting with every aspect of daily living:
• Personal care/Medication
• Cooking, cleaning & going to the supermarket
• Accessing the community
• Attending appointments and social activities.
You will also be involved in great things like: attending clubs, shopping trips, listening to music, eating out and much more. We work with the people we support to promote independence and develop their skills by supporting and enabling individuals to achieve the things that are important to them.
Due to the requirements of the people we support you must have a full UK driving licence with use of a car.
Being a friendly and diverse place to work, no two days are the same. You will benefit from having a fair manager who is approachable, works in partnership with their team and is a big advocate for personal development. You will have opportunities to develop your skills by being mentored by your manager through our appraisal programme where you can discuss your career and how you can progress within Mencap.
* An enhanced DBS will be required for each successful candidate
This post is exempt under the Equality Act 2010, Schedule 9, Part 1.
Vacancy ID: 10986
We believe that all employees are amazing and we wouldn't be able to achieve what we do without them. Here are just some of the ways we would value and invest in you:
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays) increasing to 35 days with long service plus the ability to buy up to another 10 days via our HolidayPlus scheme*
- Amazing Induction from day 1
- Access to award winning training and development
- Service related sick pay when 6-month probation is completed
- Pension contributions into NEST Scheme on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings*
- Death in service life cover for a nominated beneficiary under our life assurance scheme*
- Tax free child care vouchers via salary sacrifice scheme for working parents
- Loans for bikes, computers and phones when you have been with us for 6 months
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Discounts and cashback at high street shops including major super markets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencapextras
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program
*T&C's apply based on contract
Mencap is the leading voice of learning disability. Our vision is a world where people with a learning disability are valued equally, listened to and included.
Everyone wants a purposeful job - to do something really meaningful. At Mencap, we can give you that. You'll make new friends and feel inspired to reach your potential. We'll ask a lot of you - but you'll get back so much more. With us, it's never 'just a job'.
Support workers have a massive impact on the lives of the people they support. You can help us to make a difference to the lives of people with a learning disability here and now.
That means listening to them, understanding what they like, and supporting them to make decisions and achieve the things they want to achieve.
- personal care
- shift work
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job