This position will be on an on-going base, where you will be providing quality care for clients in the West London area. We are looking for days or nights Project Workers, Outreach Workers or Duty Workers. Within these roles you will be leading and coordinating on the support for allocated clients and the running of the project when on shift; including responding to emerging issues from all clients, contributing to their ongoing support and dealing with incidents. You will work with clients to identify their personal aims and ambitions and support them to make and carry out plans towards achieving them.
For this post we are looking for flexible candidates who can commit to both days and nights. Ideal candidate must have an up-to-date enhanced DBS and can start ASAP.
Job Type: On-Going Basis
Start Date: ASAP
Location: West London
- Helping vulnerable homeless and/or formerly homeless people to identify personal goals and supporting them through a process of change.
- Managing complex and difficult situations in relation to people.
- Liaising with and co-ordinating the work of several individuals and/or agencies to achieve effective outcomes.
- Personal experience of homelessness or a sound understanding of the issues faced by homeless or vulnerably housed people and the difficulties they experience in accessing services that are fully responsive to their needs.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- An understanding of the issues involved in resettling vulnerable homeless people.
- Understanding of the issues involved in providing support to people with complex support needs including enduring mental health needs, physical health needs, alcohol dependency and substance dependency.
- Understanding of the needs and support requirements of vulnerable clients on low (or no) incomes.
- Ability to maintain enthusiasm for a high level of contact with clients and to adopt an assertive approach when required.
- Familiarity with IT applications and basic keyboard skills.
- A knowledge of or willingness to learn the range of drug and alcohol services appropriate to single homeless people.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Reliable with excellent time keeping skills.
- Be able to work on your own initiative.
If you would like to know more about the positions contact Nathan @ Corus or if you feel that you will be a suitable candidate apply now!!!
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'