Health & Ed Recruitment is a specialist recruitment agency with both temporary and permanent positions.
Health & Ed are looking for a Residential Support Workerto work within a 24 hour semi-independent unit based in London.
This post is for Week on- week off; up to 7 days working with 7 days break.
The right candidate should be able to encourage young adults to develop their skills, participate in their interest and social opportunities within a safe and structured environment.
Applicants should have positive role model attributes, as well as;
- You should have the ability to work as a team, as well as using your own initiative.
- You must have confidence and the ability to react calmly in stressful difficult situations.
- You must be competent, proactive and self-motivated; with the willingness to make a difference.
- With the ability to be flexible, approachable and accessible.
Suitable candidates will have experience and/or knowledge in:
- Supporting vulnerable young people.
- Understanding how to deal with challenging behaviour
- Understanding substance use/abuse
- Ability to be flexible, approachable and accessible for the young person.
Minimum one years’ experience working with young people 16+ with in a semi-independent setting
NVQ Level 3 working with Children and Young people Workforce or equivalent
An enhanced DBS Certificate (preferably registered with DBS Update Service)
This post involves shift work Monday- Sunday and may include waking nights.
Health and Ed Recruitment operates as an Employment Agency in providing temporary job seeking services and as an Employment Business providing permanent, contracted and bank services.
- Young People
- Support Workers
- Challenging Behaviour