Job Title: Support Worker Waking Nights
Rate of pay: £8.72 per hour
Hours: Waking nights.
Aspirations are looking for a self- motivated, caring individual to be responsible for the security and safety of our supported living premises in Wickford, which is home to adults with learning disabilities, mental health issues and Autism. Working alone, you will be required to stay awake to perform a level of care work and to complete security checks throughout the night.
- To administer medication or support users to take medication as required.
- To prompt and encourage users with personal care, meals and household tasks.
- To perform regular security checks of the building and doors.
- Offer support with morning routines.
- Keep areas clean and tidy and remove any hazards.
- Remain awake over night to maintain care and support as required.
- complete all paperwork as required.
- Be available to chat or keep company if our users are unable to sleep.
- To ensure the safety and well being of individuals overnight.
- Ensure safeguarding responsibilities are met and to protect the Adults rights to live safely and free from abuse or neglect.
Skills and Experience required:
- Previous experience in the care sector within a similar role would be an advantage although not essential.
- Willing to work alone overnight.
- A positive and caring nature.
- A good sense of humour in sometimes challenging situations.
- Ability to communicate well with the rest of the staff team.
- Passionate about supporting individuals within the community.
- Full and comprehensive training programme, including the Care Certificate
- Commitment to ongoing learning and development
- Opportunities to take NVQ Level 2
- 28 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Employee recognition schemes
- Optional overtime
- Opportunities for career progression
- Employee Assistance Programme available 24/7
- Refer a Friend Scheme
At Aspirations we value all colleagues, regardless of age. We are proud to offer pay over the statutory minimum set for young workers and have no set retirement age.
Aspirations is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications fromsuitability qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status or pregnancy and maternity.
This organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the vulnerable adults that we support and expects all staff to share this commitment. Any offer of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and a satisfactory Enhanced DBS Disclosure.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: £8.72 per hour
- Support Workers
- Supported Living
- Working Alone
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'