Support Worker - Newbury
No Experience Necessary - Full Training Provided
30 hours per week (waking nights)
Dimensions is looking for enthusiastic and compassionate Support Workers in Central Newbury. The people we support are active and engage in various activities such as gardening, walks to parks, feeding the ducks, visits to shops, day trips and indoor activities such as baking, cooking, solving puzzles, reading and watching films. As a Support Worker, you will enable the people we support to live independently and help them achieve their goals. You will also support with personal care and administering medication as required.
The role will involve:
- Full time waking nights shifts
- Personal care
- Support with housework including cleaning and laundry
- Supporting with medication
- Supporting and encouraging people to find opportunities in education, employment and leisure, and enable them to take part in these opportunities
For more information about the service and people we support, please contact Roy on .
We believe anyone has the potential be a great support worker, no matter your background, as long as you share our values; respect, partnership, courage, ambition and integrity – that’s why we recruit based on values and not skills or experience. For more information on our values based recruitment click here
Dimensions is proud to be one of very few social care organisations that are members of the Great Places To Work programme 2021. We have a nurturing, welcoming and motivating team culture.
We welcome applications from Care Assistants/Care Workers/Nursing home assistants/Health care assistants
We are passionate about investing in your training and career development. Our training covers essential skills and knowledge to provide support in line with the Care Certificate.
Alongside our generous benefits package, we give you:
- Training Programme including Care Certificate - delivered by Skills for Care endorsed ‘’Centre of Excellence’’
- Access to Level 2 Adult Care Worker Apprenticeship worth over £3,000.
- Career development opportunities with access to our award winning Aspire programme
- Access to Employee Assistance Programme with a 24/7 helpline for advise
- Employee wellbeing strategy and listening network promoting mental health support.
If being a Support Worker sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you. The attached job description, person specification and additional information will provide you with lots of information on the role and Dimensions. To apply it couldn’t be simpler - just click on the button below to complete the application process. Alternatively, you can send your CV to
An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role and if applicable an overseas DBS check, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As Disability Confident Leaders , we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application in one of our offices using assistive technology.
- We now have British Sign Language (BSL) translated videos for all of our recruitment communications.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'