About the role…
We have a fantastic opportunity for you to experience working in a uniquely rewarding role to enrich people`s lives
Working effectively and collaboratively as part of a team you will deliver a high quality, efficient and professional service, to the people we support.
What the people we support like to do…
We like to go shopping, visiting the cinema, going to the hair salon and nail bar, days out, Pantomimes & Theatre shows, Arts & crafts, disco`s, karaoke, movie nights, pamper nights, cooking groups, Equinable (working with horses) Bowling, Football, playing pool, going on trains, eating out, going to the local pub, Swimming, outdoor pursuits, Archery, off roading, gardening, recycling, voluntary work and going on holiday?
Do you share these or similar interests? Then you are just what we are looking for…
We are looking for self-motivated, competent and not easily offended people to support us in our homes and local community; you do not need to have experience of working in this role but you must be caring, understanding, have lots of patience, positive and have great values. We are looking for people who can motivate and support us in all or some aspects of daily living skills, some personal care and ideally share our interests in life.
We enjoy being active in our local community and supporting local ventures. If you think this is you, we would love to hear from you
To view a full job description, please click on 'Role Profile' below.
Driving is not essential but preferred as you will have the opportunity to work within other services. Flexibility is a must as you will be required to work on a rota basis and will incluse sleep ins; evenings and weekends.
*An enhanced DBS will be required for the successful candidate (Paid by Mencap)
Job ref: 10287
We believe that all employees are amazing and we wouldn't be able to achieve what we do without them. Here are just some of the ways we would value and invest in you.
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays) increasing to 35 days with long service plus the ability to buy up to another 10 days via our HolidayPlus scheme*
- Amazing Induction from day 1
- Access to award winning training and development
- Service related sick pay when 6-month probation is completed
- Pension contributions into NEST Scheme on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings*
- Death in service life cover for a nominated beneficiary under our life assurance scheme*
- Tax free child care vouchers via salary sacrifice scheme for working parents
- Loans for bikes, computers and phones when you have been with us for 6 months
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Discounts and cashback at high street shops including major super markets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencapextras
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program
*T&C's apply based on contract
Mencap are the leading voice of learning disability. Our vision is a world where people with a learning disability are valued equally, listened to and included.
Everyone wants a purposeful job - to do something really meaningful. At Mencap, we can give you that. You`ll make new friends and feel inspired to reach your potential. We`ll ask a lot of you - but you`ll get back so much more. With us, it`s never `just a job`.
Support workers have a massive impact on the lives of the people they support. You can help us to make a difference to the lives of people with a learning disability here and now.
That means listening to them, understanding what they like, and supporting them to make decisions and achieve the things they want to achieve.
- personal care
- shift work