We are currently looking to expand our team of dedicated support workers who are based in Letchworth, Hertfordshire and are supporting adults who have a varying level of learning disability.
We have various positions available for full-time, part-time and Relief - We have something that will suit you.
The successful candidate/s would be responsible for the day to day livelihood of individuals within the Letchworth area. These individuals have a learning disability and are looking for support around medication, personal care, finances and daily living tasks. You will also be fully involved in all the fun.
You can expect to be baking, colouring, playing musical instruments or even going bowling.
The people we support have created profiles (below) about what they want from their support worker, please have a look at this by clicking the pink "Additional Detail" button at the bottom of this page.
Supporting someone with their daily life is not a 9-5 job. You will be required to be able to work across a range of different days and various shift patterns. We realise that your quality time is important too, so your rota will be prepared well in advance - Do you have a request, something special going on? Your manager will certainly try their best to help you meet this.
One of the most amazing things about being a Support Worker is that anyone can do it! As long as you have a positive attitude and want to improve the lives of those with a learning disability, we will support you with progression opportunities throughout your career with us.
If the answer is yes, then we would love to hear from you today. Please click the "Apply" button to submit your application and springboard your career to new heights.... Good Luck!!
An enhanced DBS will be required for each successful candidate (Paid for by Mencap, T&Cs apply)
Vacancy ID: 10052
We believe that all employees are amazing and we wouldn't be able to achieve what we do without them. Here are just some of the ways we would value and invest in you.
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays) increasing to 35 days with long service plus the ability to buy up to another 10 days via our HolidayPlus scheme*
- Amazing Induction
- Access to award winning training and development
- Service related sick pay when 6-month probation is completed
- Pension contributions into NEST Scheme on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings*
- Death in service life cover for a nominated beneficiary under our life assurance scheme*
- Tax free child care vouchers via salary sacrifice scheme for working parents
- Loans for bikes, computers and phones when you have been with us for 6 months
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Discounts and cashback at high street shops including major super markets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencapextras
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program
*T&C's apply based on contract
At Mencap we work in partnership with people with a learning disability. We do this by providing high-quality, flexible services that support people, including young adults, to live as independently as possible in their own homes and in the community.
Everyone wants a purposeful job - to do something really meaningful. At Mencap, we can give you that. You`ll have opportunities to develop as a person, colleague, leader and activist.
You`ll make new friends and feel inspired to reach your potential. We`ll ask a lot of you - but you`ll get back so much more. With us, it`s never `just a job`.
In return for your hard work and passion we can give you real meaning and purpose in your work.
- personal care
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job