Are you a happy people person? Are you kind, caring and compassionate? Are you a good listener? Are you reliable?
If yes, are you interested in working for an award winning employee-owned company that puts People Before Profit?
Sunderland Home Care Associates are looking for good Support Workers to join our Fantastic Teams!
Full and Part Time posts - Immediate interviews available!
Support Worker - £8.00 per Hour (Enhanced Evening and Weekend Rates £8.50 per Hour)
Extra Care - £7.50 per Hour. £7.83 from April.
Double Time for Bank Holidays!
What we can also offer the right candidate:
- Local Work
- Flexible Working & Guaranteed Hours
- Paid Annual Leave - 5wks 3 days
- Company Shares (after 6 months of employment)
- Summer and Christmas Bonuses
- Pension Scheme
- Free DBS
- Free Uniform and Equipment
- Road Runner Mobile Phone for Home Support Staff
- Bespoke Induction in Line with the Care Certificate
- Comprehensive Training
- Opportunities for Personal Growth and Development
- Refer-a-Friend Bonus Scheme
- Discounts in our Cafe
- Childcare Vouchers
What will be my main duties?
- To provide person centred care in accordance with the service users support plan
- To promote and uphold the rights and dignity of all service users and respect their privacy and confidentiality at all times
- To provide personal care in a sensitive and discreet manner. To include assisting service users getting up in the morning and going to bed in the evening, washing, bathing, dressing, feeding and assisting with mobility
- To perform some household tasks
- To attend all necessary training to ensure competence in all areas
- To accurately complete all necessary paperwork
- To actively support service users in sustaining existing and new relationships with families, friends and neighbours and to participate in activities encouraging social interaction.
- To provide an escort service to enable service users to access the wider community
- To assist service users to regain and/or maintain life skills including making choices and retaining control of their own lives
- For Home Support Work, this will involve travelling to different service user's homes. Extra Care schemes are in two locations
This role will require you to obtain an Enhanced satisfactory clearance from the Disclosure and Barring Service formally known as the Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) Disclosure. In addition, if you have your own transport, that would be great but isn't necessary!
If you feel that you have all the necessary skills, attitude and dedication and are interested in working with us, please contact us asap.