Support Worker - SO30
Support Worker / Care Work Southampton - Botley SO30 Full time and part time available Driver licence required
Joining the Dimensions team as a support worker, you will be given support and leadership from a locality manager, assistant locality manager or, in their absence, a lead support worker. As a support worker, you’ll be helping people you support to live the individual life they want, ensuring they have choice and control over the planning and delivery of their support.
This role will involve supporting 5 adults, both females and males in a lovely home in Botley. They get involved in all sorts of fun activities from going bowling, cinema, arts and crafts, baking and much more...Their disabilities are varied - dementia, epilepsy and some challenging behaviours. They also need full support with personal care and there are some aspects of manual handling.We want you to develop professionally as a support worker. This means that you are expected to get involved and contribute in meetings, work towards gaining qualifications about your work, attend training courses and be willing to learn new things and ways of working. You will also have to keep some written records, using IT systems as required to help you, including support plans, financial info and health and safety records.
Shift patterns - 7/7:30am - 3pm / 2:30pm - 9/10pm and every other weekend and occasional sleep Ins. (shifts patterns can vary depending on the people we supports needs)
It is essential to have a drivers licence for this position due to the people we supports needs.
For further information, please contact Debbie on .
We are passionate about investing in your training and career development. Our training covers essential skills and knowledge to provide support in line with the Care Certificate.
Alongside our generous benefits package, we give you:
- Training Programme including Care Certificate - delivered by Skills for Care endorsed ‘’Centre of Excellence’’
- Access to Level 2 Adult Care Worker Apprenticeship worth over £3,000.
- Career development opportunities with access to our award winning Aspire programme
- Access to Employee Assistance Programme with a 24/7 helpline for advise
- Employee wellbeing strategy and listening network promoting mental health support.
A full list of rewards can be found in the job description attached.
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As Disability Confident Leaders , we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application, please contact the Resourcing Consultant Team on .
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'