Are you looking for job satisfaction in a diverse role that offers a new challenge?
Are you able to lone work and work as part of a team?
We support people to live independently in their own homes, achieving outcomes important to them.
Our team offer support to people with a learning disability to maintain their independence offer support with all areas of their lives including;
- Social activity
- Daily living skills
- Personal Care
Shifts are on a rota basis and include some weekend working. Shifts vary between 4-9 hours between 07.45 and 22.00. There are NO split shifts.
You will find it extremely rewarding to see the people we support achieve goals, overcome challenges and enjoy their lives by accessing the social activities and day trips they choose.
You do not need to have experience in this sector to apply, but you will need to share our Mencap values and be a caring, positive and trustworthy person who is keen to support adults with a learning disability.
For further details on this role please click on the 'additional information' button at the bottom of this advertisement - from here, you will be able to read some of the one page profiles for the people we support within this service, offering you a real insight into the people you could be supporting.
"A rewarding challenge, no two days are ever the same, it gives me a good feeling knowing that my input can have brightened up someone's day"
Job ID: 11325
We believe that all employees are amazing and we wouldn't be able to achieve what we do without them. Here are just some of the ways we would value and invest in you:
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays) increasing to 35 days with long service plus the ability to buy up to another 10 days via our HolidayPlus scheme*
- Amazing Induction from day 1
- Access to award winning training and development
- Service related sick pay when 6-month probation is completed
- Pension contributions into NEST Scheme on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings*
- Death in service life cover for a nominated beneficiary under our life assurance scheme*
- Tax free child care vouchers via salary sacrifice scheme for working parents
- Loans for bikes, computers and phones when you have been with us for 6 months
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Discounts and cashback at high street shops including major super markets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencapextras
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program
*T&C's apply based on contract
Mencap is the leading voice of learning disability. Our vision is a world where people with a learning disability are valued equally, listened to and included.
Everyone wants a purposeful job - to do something really meaningful. At Mencap, we can give you that. You'll make new friends and feel inspired to reach your potential. We'll ask a lot of you - but you'll get back so much more. With us, it's never 'just a job'.
Support workers have a massive impact on the lives of the people they support. You can help us to make a difference to the lives of people with a learning disability here and now.
That means listening to them, understanding what they like, and supporting them to make decisions and achieve the things they want to achieve.
- personal care
- shift work