Academics are recruiting for experienced Support Workers to start ASAP to work in an SEN Residential School in the Andover area. This is a full-time, temporary to permanent role working shifts from 7.30am-3pm and 3pm-10.30pm, 38 and 52 week a year contracts. This will involve some weekend work. This is only suitable for candidates looking to gain a permanent contract so must be committed long term.
You will be required to work predominantly in the residential home which is on the same site as the school so may be required to support across the two. Experience of working in a school or care setting with children with SEN is essential for the role.
- Have recent experience of supporting in a childcare setting
- Have a childcare/education related qualification e.g. CACHE 3 or NVQ3 in childcare related subject
- Have experience of working with children with SEN/challenging behaviour
- Be available full-time
- Ideally be Andover based or happy to travel for work.
- Be friendly and open to new challenges.
- Qualifications such as Makaton, PECS, TeamTeach would be an advantage
You must possess a Child and Adult Workforce DBS which is registered to the DBS Update Service, or be willing to pay for a new one to be processed.
- "TA" or "LSA" or "teaching assistant" or "learning support assistant" or "support worker" or residential support worker" or "support staff" or "CACHE3