Are you passionate about care? Would you like a role which will allow you to develop your skills and understanding? If so, we are recruiting for Support Workers to care for children with autism, severe and complex learning difficulties. You would be working at a school which is also home for the children and you would be helping to support the children's education, leisure, care and wellbeing.
As a Support Worker, your role would be to:
- Implement children's teaching programmes.
- Ensure the children enjoy fulfilling and fun teaching and leisure activities, including making and preparing resources for those activities.
- Work as a team to ensure the children's emotional, behavioural, physical and intellectual needs are met
- Assist with administration of medication (following training).
- Help to ensure the residential living accommodation and children's bedrooms are kept homely, comfortable and that the environment is healthy and safe.
- Attend and contribute to team meeting and regular individual meetings with line managers.
- Be prepared to work flexible hours to ensure that planned activities take place with adequate staffing and supervision.
- Be physically fit and active and have the ability to make work "fun".
- Demonstrate problem solving skills and the ability to react quickly and effectively often in a challenging and difficult situation.
- Display commitment to the protection and safeguarding of children and young people.
- Work effectively without supervision and be happy to be part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Have a good command of the English language with excellent communication skills.
- Have permission to live and work in the UK
- Be prepared to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check (it will be necessary to complete a new one prior to starting work).
Excellent on-site induction and on-going training is provided.
Day - full time positions, working 40 hours a week on average, on a shift rota to include weekends. (£16,875 - £17,935). One paid sleep-in duty per week (= £3,690 pa additional to salary)
Night - full time positions, working 36 hours a week on average, on a shift rota to include weekends. (3 nights max £16874 - £17935). Occasionally 2 night shift available.
Weekend Shifts also available plus part-time evening shifts
- Personalised training programme
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Free staff meals
- Generous company pension scheme
- Staff award schemes
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Staff accommodation options
- Childcare vouchers
To be considered for this vacancy click 'Apply Now’
- Residential Care
- Support Workers
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job