We are currently recruiting for Support Workers (day and night shifts available) to work closely with young adults with severe autism to support them, ensure they are well cared for and lead as independent a life as possible. You would be working in a small residential home based just outside Southampton which is home to 4-6 service users. We are looking for candidates who are totally committed to the provision of a high quality service, with a "hands on" approach: most of your time will be spent working directly with service users.
The successful candidate will:
- Provide care and life skills in service users' daily lives, including personal hygiene.
- Accompany service users on walks, trips, gardening and cooking activities.
- Prepare snacks, meals and refreshments.
- Ensure the home is clean and tidy.
- Communicate with specialist workers & Registered Manager regarding any concerns.
- Attend team meetings and promote positive & effective communication with co-workers, service users and parents.
- Keep documentation and records.
- Ensure that CQC guidance and regulations are adhered to at all times.
Our client is a quality-driven employer and you will receive outstanding training to include Skills for Care Certificate, Common Induction Standards, QCF Diploma.
A full Enhanced DBS check will be required.
Day Salary - £16,230 - £17,100
Night Salary - £20,940 - £22,500
Excellent benefits to include 7 weeks’ holiday entitlement, pension, childcare vouchers, EPA, free meals whilst on duty.
- Learning Disabilities
- Support Worker
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job