£11.00 - £13.00 per hour
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for experienced Support Workers to work directly with one of the company's clients in their home, with the focus on providing highly individualised support and personal care.
The company's client is an 8 year old boy who loves animals, enjoys going for walks and nursery rhymes. Experience of epilepsy and cerebral palsy is desirable as the client experiences seizures; is non-verbal and peg fed.
As well as providing ongoing care, you will also be supporting the family and playing an important part in promoting this young child’s enjoyment of life.
The hourly rates of pay are as follows:-
Monday to Friday £11.00
Saturday & Sunday £13.00
The following shifts are available during school term time and holidays:
Monday 15:00-21:00 6h
Tuesday 16:30-19:30 3h
Wednesday 16:30-19:30 3h
Thursday 16:30-19:30 3h
Friday 15:00-21:00 6h 16:30-19:30 3h
Saturday 11:00-17:00 6h
Sunday 11:00-17:00 6h
Non Term Time:
Monday 11:00-17:00 6h
Tuesday 11:00-17:00 6h
Wednesday 09:00-21:00 12h
Thursday 09:00-21:00 12h 11:00-17:00 6h
Friday 09:00-21:00 12h 11:00-17:00 6h
Saturday 09:00-21:00 12h
Sunday 11:00-17:00 6h
Experience and qualities required of the roles include:
- You will ideally be an experienced Carer/Care Worker/Support Carer/ Support Worker, possibly with NVQ Health & Social Care.
- Confidence with epilepsy and cerebral palsy is desirable
- Hands-on experience dealing with seizures and peg tube feeding would also be an advantage, although full training will be provided.
- Good standard of written and spoken English are all essential.
- Proven experience of managing a complex needs client.
- Excellent observation skills & a high level of competency are essential.
- Experience of working with young people or children preferable.
If you are interested and meet the above criteria, please send your CV and covering letter stating the post applied for and the shifts you are interested in.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job