Main Purpose of Job:
To work as part of the day centre team providing appropriate support and care of vulnerable older people with a range of needs enabling them to remain living within their own homes and the community.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To assist in the day to day support of day centre workers, volunteers and placement students working in the day care service.
- To act as a keyworker to a number of service users at the day care centre, including some with complex needs.
- To develop and evaluate individual members Service Plans to appropriately meet service users’ needs.
- To provide support to service users at the centre, in their own homes and in the community, with the aim of assisting them to maintain their optimum level of independence.
- To work in close co-operation with other services and agencies in order to ensure that the most appropriate care package is offered to address service user’s needs.
- To develop, plan and initiate group activities that are responsive to the needs and interests of service users, with the aim of maintaining independence, promoting stimulation and reducing isolation.
- To work in a co-operative and appropriate manner with managers, colleagues, placement students, volunteers and agency workers as directed.
- To apply Health & Safety regulations.