We are seeking experienced Mental Health Support Workers to work in supported living or acute care environments with clients who present with mental health needs in Swansea, Llanelli, Neath, Ammanford and surrounding areas, through our friendly local Swansea branch.
It is essential that you are dedicated to promoting the well-being and quality of life of each individual you care for. This means recognising the capabilities of each person, championing their needs and seeing them as more than a care plan.
Due to rural client locations and varying shift times, public transport is not always readily available, therefore access to your own vehicle is desirable.The Support Role
We are especially interested to hear from carers with PMVA training (prevention management of violence and aggression).
Our person-centred service is designed to enrich the quality of life of service users, helping them to socialise with family, friends and visitors. That is why we are recruiting only the most compassionate and empathetic individuals.
If you take pride in giving the best possible care that enhances the wellbeing and quality of life of every individual you care for, we can offer you flexible shifts that can be tailored to fit around your family or other job commitments.
Successful candidates will benefit from:
- Competitive Salary up to £ 13.30, paid hourly including holiday pay
- Permanent, flexible hours contract
- Free uniform through credits earned as you work
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Criminal record check (DBS) cost refunded after initial period
- Online area and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Recommend a friend scheme, paying up to £500 per successful referral
- One-to-one relationship with a local line manager
- 24 hour support through dedicated central team, 365 days a year
- Free ongoing training and development with experienced nurses through our work credits scheme
To apply for this job, you will need:
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a mental health environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- A NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care highly desirable yet not essential
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months, or be willing to book onto a Newcross course
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Newcross healthcare value all of our employees and wish for all to have clear career progression because of this (unlike any other agency) we offer over 200 training courses to ensure that our employees always have the opportunity to evolve in their role, learn new skills and develop and progress further in their career. It is important for us to provide stability to our people, we are not and never have been a 'zero hours' employer. All of our healthcare professionals have minimum hours guaranteed in their contracts, giving them the security of a steady income, with the flexibility to choose your own hours, you can have the work-life balance to suits you.
Your Local Branch:
Newcross Healthcare's Swansea centre opened in 2012 and recently moved to new, bigger premises in Barquentine House on Quay West near Swansea city centre. Based close to the River Tawe at Quay West, the centre is just a short walk from Swansea train station.
Click the Apply Now button to begin your application.
If you cannot apply online, please call . Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
- part time
- full time
- mental health
- general nurse
- registered general nurse
- registered nurse
- Registered mental health nurse
- swansea mental health nurse
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job