We are seeking experienced Mental Health Support Workers to work in supported living or acute care environments with clients who present with mental health needs in Swansea, Llanelli, Neath, Ammanford and surrounding areas, through our friendly local Swansea branch.
It is essential that you are dedicated to promoting the well-being and quality of life of each individual you care for. This means recognising the capabilities of each person, championing their needs and seeing them as more than a care plan.
Due to rural client locations and varying shift times, public transport is not always readily available, therefore access to your own vehicle is desirable.The Support Role
We are especially interested to hear from carers with PMVA training (prevention management of violence and aggression).
Our person-centred service is designed to enrich the quality of life of service users, helping them to socialise with family, friends and visitors. That is why we are recruiting only the most compassionate and empathetic individuals.
If you take pride in giving the best possible care that enhances the wellbeing and quality of life of every individual you care for, we can offer you flexible shifts that can be tailored to fit around your family or other job commitments.
- Competitive salary, up to £13.30 paid hourly including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with guaranteed, flexible hours that suit you
- Weekly pay - delivered accurately and on time
- Free criminal record check (DBS) upfront
- Free uniform upon joining
- Agreed mileage expenses for most clients
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Online area and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Local line manager and branch support team
- 24-hour support contact centre, open 365 days a year
- Free ongoing training and development with experienced nurses through our work credits scheme
Join the team today and be welcomed with free uniform and DBS when you start.
Newcross healthcare value all of our employees and wish for all to have clear career progression because of this (unlike any other agency) we offer over 200 training courses to ensure that our employees always have the opportunity to evolve in their role, learn new skills, develop and progress further in their career. It is important for us to provide stability to our people, we are not and never have been a 'zero hours' employer. All of our healthcare professionals have minimum hours guaranteed in their contracts, giving them the security of a steady income, with the flexibility to choose your own hours, you can have the work-life balance to suits you.Role Requirements
- Right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care or nursing home in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months or willing to book onto a course with Newcross
- You will also have an NVQ2 in Health and Social Care
Your local branch is located in Barquentine House on Quay West near the Swansea city centre. We are an 11 minute walk away from the train station and easily reachable by car or bus.
We cover areas as far west as Haverfordwest and Carmarthen in the northClick the Apply Now button to begin your application
If you cannot apply online, please call . Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
- part time
- full time
- mental health
- general nurse
- registered general nurse
- registered nurse
- Registered mental health nurse
- swansea mental health nurse
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job