Duties include but are not limited to the following-
- All roles are based working on acute mental health wards, observing, supervising and providing ongoing support to clients with varying levels of Mental Health issues.
- Candidates must be strong-willed, confident and have the ability to keep a calm head in potentially volatile situations.
- Candidates will observe patients and communicate to the Nurse in Charge any particular needs of patients and/or problems in the ward.
- Supporting clients with Mental Health, including Schizophrenia, personality disorders, depression and anxiety, follow care and/or support plans for each service user/tenant with respect and dignity.
- PMVA/MVA Training - Prevention and Management of Violence and Aggression is desirable however Full mandatory training is provided alongside a further 3 day client specific course incorporating de-escalation, breakaway techniques and restraint holds.
The shifts available are 7am-8pm long days.
Successful applicants must:
- Be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK
- Have at least 6 months post qualification experience
- Be willing to undertake a DBS Check, this only applies to candidates who don't have a Portable DBS.
- Be able to provide satisfactory references for the past 5 years including any gaps in employment.
- Have Experience of supporting people who display challenging behaviour.
We offer good benefits and continuous development and training.
Cordant is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer