Male Support Workers
Full Training & Qualifications Provided
About the role
Dimensions is looking for caring Support Workers at Winnersh to support four friendly gentlemen with varying abilities. They each have a very active life and enjoy going out for activites. We also support them with a lot of indoor activities such as cooking, baking, arts & crafts and music. The service has a vehicle and as a result of this, staff need to have a full UK driving licence and be willing to drive. You will be given ongoing support and leadership from the management team including mental health.
This is a registered service located very close to Winnersh making it very easy to access with public transport. The service is very nice, homely and has a big garden. There is also enough space for parking for those Support Workers who drive.
Shift patterns will vary weekly and work around the people we support including 7am -3pm/2pm - 10pm/sleep-ins and alternate weekends (to be discussed at interview).
“Gender is considered to be a genuine occupational requirement in accordance with paragraph 1 of Schedule 9 of the Equality Act 2010.”
Successful candidates will work well with the people we support with a person centered approach. No previous experience necessary.
We are passionate about investing in your training and career development. Our training covers essential skills and knowledge to provide support in line with the Care Certificate.
Alongside our generous benefits package, we give you:
- Training Programme including Care Certificate - delivered by Skills for Care endorsed ‘’Centre of Excellence’’
- Access to Level 2 Adult Care Worker Apprenticeship worth over £3,000.
- Career development opportunities with access to our award winning Aspire programme
- Access to Employee Assistance Programme with a 24/7 helpline for advise
- Employee wellbeing strategy and listening network promoting mental health support.
A full list of rewards can be found in the job description attached.
Dimensions is proud to be one of very few social care organisations that are members of the Great Places to Work Programme, 2019 and 2020. At Dimensions, you will have the satisfaction of knowing you’ve changed someone’s life, and in return, we’ll help you on your career path to be the best you can be.
If being a Support Worker sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you. The attached job description, person specification and additional information will provide you with lots of information on the role and Dimensions. To apply it couldn’t be simpler - just click on the button below to complete the application process.
An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role and if applicable an overseas DBS check, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As Disability Confident Leaders , we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application in one of our offices using assistive technology.
- We now have British Sign Language (BSL) translated videos for all of our recruitment communications.
In response to the unprecedented events we are currently experiencing due to the spread of Coronavirus COVID-19, at this time we will be conducting our interviews via video calls.
If you think this is the right role for you, come and make a difference to people’s lives, every working day!
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'