Full time Support Worker Opportunities based in Lidlington
We are Consensus, an innovative award-winning independent provider of support services for people with learning disabilities and additional health and social care needs.
We believe everybody can achieve their aspirations and do amazing things. Our role is to provide person-centred support - support that starts each person we support on the road to greater independence, empowering them to reach their full potential.
The Support Worker role
As part of a key-working team, you’ll work with the people we support to develop new daily living skills, to address behaviours that may challenge, make new friends, get involved in their community, support with their own personal care, go on holiday, or find themselves a new job. Liaising closely with their friends and family, as well as your team, you’ll make sure they are safe, happy, healthy and full of plans for the future.
Because you will be supporting people with a range of needs, you will have an opportunity to expand your experience and knowledge base. If you are seeking a role which is interesting, will offer an opportunity for personal development and genuinely make a difference to people’s lives, then this could be the service for you.
Working to a person-centred model that puts the people we support at the heart of all you do, you’ll develop support plans collaboratively, setting goals for the future and working towards them having increased independence. Working closely with your Community Service Manager and Senior Support Workers to evaluate risks, review progress and drive our innovative services forward, you’ll be a vital member of the team.
The skills you’ll need
To join us, you won’t necessarily need to have experience working with those with learning disabilities (although this would be ideal), but you will have to have the right values. You will need to be flexible, patient, caring, confident, organised, good with people and eager to learn and develop. (That's because we’ll want you to work to gain your NVQs in Health & Social Care - or build on the ones you already have.)
A team player, you can follow guidelines and policies easily, and will have good written skills, as you will need to write up care plans. Above all, you’ll be committed to providing person-centered care that gives real equality of opportunity to all those you’re working for.
We offer an excellent range of benefits as below,
- Competitive pay rates - we regularly review regional and competitor pay rates to ensure we’re offering the best incentives to work with us
- Flexible hours - enabling you to balance work and home life
- Voluntary Benefits Package - offering amazing retail discounts at over 8,000 locations nationwide, enabling our staff to make savings of up to £1,500 per year
- Personalised career path ladders to ensure fulfilling career development
- We’ll pay annual nursing professional fees, including NMC and DBS
- A £500 refer-a-nurse scheme
- A £300 refer-a-friend scheme for care and support workers
- Learning and Development programme
- Induction training including buddy system
- Support with Care Certificate
- Enhanced bank holiday working
- Childcare vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme - Immediate access to a confidential telephone counselling and legal information service which operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- Online Health Portal - Your health and well-being is important to us. All colleagues have access to the online health portal which enables you to make the most of full access to an encyclopedia of health information
We invest heavily in learning and development, we’re quick to recognise and nurture talent. You could be studying for a range of exciting qualifications and we even offer apprenticeships. With a multitude of courses and programmes on offer at every level of the organisation we will enable you to move up the career ladder.
Everyone who joins Consensus to work for us shares our values -
Choice & Respect; Ambition & Imagination; Reliability & Professionalism; Honesty & Integrity; Responsibility & Accountability; Inclusive & Supportive
That way we can be sure that every member of every team and service in our organisation is focused on supporting opportunity, choice and success for the individuals we support. We also follow this ethos for the people who work for us. We value your talents and we’ll give you every opportunity and support you need in your rewarding career with us.
"We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age".
Consensus supporting opportunity, choice and success.
- Learning Disabilities
- Personal Care
- Social Care