Are you passionate about supporting Adults with Learning Disabilities (of various ages) living in a residential home to develop their daily skills and independence?
If so my client is seeking self-motivated individuals who can make a positive difference to the lives of the people they support.
This organisation is a national charity working in Wales and England, supporting people with disabilities including learning disabilities, autism, ABI and complex needs, enabling them to lead fulfilling lives.
- To actively support person centred planning with each individual, ensuring that support plans are tailored to meet individual needs and wishes, identifying opportunities that promote growth and development for the people we support.
- To provide support in line with individuals support plans and service aims & objectives. This may include but is not limited to personal/intimate care; support with daily living; managing finances; maintaining relationships; supporting social/community involvement; supporting education & employment and undertaking activities and holidays.
- To actively support each individual to manage their health needs, e.g. administration of medication, attendance at appointments, supporting dietary needs and through monitoring, recording and reporting changing needs as appropriate.
- To facilitate and empower independence by encouraging and promoting participation in all aspects of daily life, to enable the people we support to develop skills and do as much as they possibly can for themselves.
- To develop an understanding of each person’s communication needs and styles, in order to facilitate effective communication, enabling the people we support to make their own informed choices, communicate their own wishes and be "listened to" whatever their means of communication.
- To be willing to take an active role in the spiritual and cultural needs of the people we support according to the individual’s beliefs, wishes and customs.
- To ensure all support provided preserves and respects the dignity and privacy of the people we support.
- To undertake key working responsibilities for a designated individual and/or actively participate in the key working process if required.
- To take responsibility in ensuring that every individual we support is safeguarded from harm, abuse, and unnecessary risk.
- Must be 21 or over and have held a full manual driving licence valid for driving in the UK for a minimum of 2 years as per Insurance requirements.
- To undertake lone working, night sleep in duties and on-call arrangements as required in the service specification.
- To take responsibility for your job description and an active role in determining and meeting your development needs.
- To carry out any other duties that are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job, its title and are requested by the post-holder’s line manager.
If you want to make a real difference to adults with learning disabilities in the community then get in touch today.
- Learning Disabilities
- Social Care
- Residential Care
- Support Workers