Male Learning Disabilities and Autism Support Workers - Morecambe
Hours - 8 hours (sat/sun), 4 hours (2 evenings per week) and additional 6 hours Monday - Friday in the school holidays
Pay Rate - £10.50 per hour
Pulse Community Healthcare is seeking support workers who have experience working with individuals that have been diagnosed with learning disabilities and/ or autism to join us in supporting our young, male client. Our client has a keen interest in activities such museums, science, computers and geography. The ideal support workers will be able to provide structure and consistency around expectations of behaviours. We are looking for support workers with a positive, enthusiastic attitude to help with socialising in the community and who will provide support through anxieties.
Specialist training will be provided to support workers in restraint, autism and positive behavioural support training.
Pulse Community Healthcare is the UK leading provider of high quality care to our complex client centred packages. We are equally proud of our impeccable specialist training provided to our support workers to allow them to develop their skills and knowledge.
As a Support Worker for Pulse Community Healthcare you will benefit from:
• Holiday pay paid weekly
• Daily payroll
• Access rotas and other information online
• A dedicated case manager and 24/7 clinical support
• Carer recognition
• Personal development and career opportunities
• Variety of work placements
• £200 joining bonus*
• Free mandatory training with full induction and competency sign off
The ideal support worker will have:
• A NVQ level 3 in Health and Social Care or equivalent is preferred but not essential
• UK paid experience in Health and Social Care
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to use own initiative and work as part of wider team
• A good understanding of professional boundaries
• Knowledge of safeguarding and person centred care
If you love working in social care and are interested in joining our team, please apply now, enclosing an up to date copy of your CV.
All opportunities are subject to a satisfactory DBS check.
*Terms and conditions apply
- Learning Disabilities
- Autism Spectrum Disorders