Support Worker- L12
Support Worker - L12
Salary: £8.21 per hour plus excellent benefits
Job Types: Permanent /Part Time
Join our team! Be a Support Worker with United Response in Liverpool!
Join us as a Support Worker and help to make great things happen in the lives of adults with learning disabilities. This Role comes with full training, generous rewards, real career progression prospects and genuine job satisfaction.
Who we are
United Response is a leading national charity. This role will see you providing support to one service user in their own home. The people we support have complex needs and are wheelchair users. We believe in championing the right of disabled people to live, work, socialise and participate in the community, free of discrimination and unnecessary boundaries.In our work we aim to be creative, strong, honest, responsive and united.
Making it happen- Your Role
Our aim is to give the people you will be supporting as much control over their own lives as possible.
This is a responsible role which is really varied, and extremely rewarding. The job is all about giving people encouragement, guidance and support so they can live as independently as possible and have the freedom to make their own choices.
On a daily basis, you may be involved in supporting people with the following activities:
- Cooking and cleaning
- Washing and personal care
- Managing finances
- Supporting with medication
- Supporting wheelchair users
- Attending Drs/ hospital appointments
- Shopping and socialising
- Supporting service users with complex health needs.
We welcome people from all walks of life to apply for a job with us. All training is provided, however we do ask that you have at least one years’ experience supporting people disabilities. Holding an NVQ L2 in Health and Social Care/care Certificate is also preferable. You must have a genuine compassion and integrity to treat people with dignity and respect, as well as being a car driver.
Rewards and benefits
In return for your passion and commitment, we offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- 20 days paid annual leave (plus 8 bank holidays , pro rata for part time) , which increases after 3 and 5 years’ service
- pension contribution
- Childcare vouchers
- Access to free occupational health, physiotherapy, counselling and advice services Fully paid training and access to nationally recognised qualifications
- Travel to work scheme (season ticket loan)
- Access to an online shopping platform with discounts from over 3,500 retailers
This position is subject to an enhanced DBS Check, the cost to be meet by United Response.
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'