Do you bake like Mary Berry? Do you love a boogie? If you answer yes to any of these questions, then you`re going to get on so well with the people we support.
We provide support to people who have a learning disability in Kidlington who live in their own homes in the community.
You will be responsible for the day to day livelihood of these individuals and will help with medication, finances and daily living tasks. Being a support worker isn`t just about making day to day life great, it`s about being a part of the fun! You will be listening to Westlife, doing puzzles, or even baking a cake. Creating memories is a very rewarding part of being a support worker.
The people we support have created profiles about what they want from their support worker, please have a look at this on the additional details tab.
Supporting someone with their daily life is not a 9-5 job. You will need to be able to work across a range of different days and shift patterns, including some sleep in shifts. We realise that your quality time is important too, so your rota is prepared well in advance - Got a request, something special going on? Your manager will certainly try to help you meet it.
One of the most amazing things about being a Support Worker is that anyone can do it! As long as you have a positive attitude and want to improve the lives of those with a learning disability, we will support you with progression opportunities throughout your career with us.
An enhanced DBS will be required for each successful candidate (Paid for by Mencap, T&Cs apply)
Vacancy ID: 10098
We believe that all employees are amazing and we wouldn't be able to achieve what we do without them. Here are just some of the ways we would value and invest in you.
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays) increasing to 35 days with long service plus the ability to buy up to another 10 days via our HolidayPlus scheme*
- Amazing Induction
- Access to award winning training and development
- Service related sick pay when 6-month probation is completed
- Pension contributions into NEST Scheme on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings*
- Death in service life cover for a nominated beneficiary under our life assurance scheme*
- Tax free child care vouchers via salary sacrifice scheme for working parents
- Loans for bikes, computers and phones when you have been with us for 6 months
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Discounts and cashback at high street shops including major super markets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencapextras
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program
*T&C's apply based on contract
At Mencap we work in partnership with people with a learning disability. We do this by providing high-quality, flexible services that support people, including young adults, to live as independently as possible in their own homes and in the community.
Everyone wants a purposeful job - to do something really meaningful. At Mencap, we can give you that. You`ll have opportunities to develop as a person, colleague, leader and activist.
You`ll make new friends and feel inspired to reach your potential. We`ll ask a lot of you - but you`ll get back so much more. With us, it`s never `just a job`.
In return for your hard work and passion we can give you real meaning and purpose in your work.
- personal care
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job