Support Worker - Witney OX28 - Oxfordshire
Contract type: - full-time / part-time / bank
Do you have a caring nature? Are you looking to make a difference to people's lives? Do you want to work in an environment where no 2 days are the same? Are you flexible with your working hours? Can you see yourself providing care to adults who need your support?
If you have answered a big YES to these questions we would love to hear from you.
At Turning Point, we support people with Learning Disabilities across England.
As a Support Worker, you will make a real difference to residents' lives as you improve their daily living skills. Passionate about people, you will enjoy the scope and support to enhance your own life and career too, as you gain the experience and training you need to progress with us.
Where will I be working?
Our services in Witney provide 24 hour supported living facilities in providing care for adults with Learning Disabilities. We tailor our services to enable people to be as independent as possible. We also have services where we support people in the day time only and can be flexible in some areas.
What will I be doing?
This is a hands-on job in which no two days are the same. Your duties will include:
- Promoting the independence of people we support
- Supporting a full range of daily activities including cleaning and cooking, days out, or going away on holiday
- Arranging activities in the home and in the local community
- Personal care, manual handling & helping with medication
What skills and qualities do I need to have?
Whilst knowledge of learning disabilities and complex needs would be beneficial, it isn't essential. What is essential is that you are:
- Passionate, caring and enthusiastic
- Flexible, patient and non-judgemental
- A great team player with lots of energy
- Able to demonstrate good communication skills
- Able to complete the physical aspects of the role such as manual handling
- Working with varied ages and disabilities.
This is a 24 hour service, therefore flexibility is essential. You will be working a range of shifts from 7:00/8:00 am to 1:00/2:00pm and 1:00/2:00 pm to 9:00/10:00pm, sleep ins or waking nights, some weekends.
Please note that working hours may vary from service to service.
What benefits will I receive?
Of course, we know it's not about the money. But that doesn't mean we don't reward our people for their invaluable work with a benefits package that includes:
- Excellent training and development
- A pension plan & annual leave with an option to buy and sell
- Family/flexible leave, childcare vouchers, season ticket loan, & Bike 2 Work scheme
- Free financial, legal and practical life advice, online health assessment tools, counselling services, and support from an occupational health and well-being provider
Why Turning Point?
We take pride in the services that we provide. There is one vision that everyone at Turning Point shares, which is held together by our values. These include believing in potential, communicating in a confident way, embracing change and treating each other as individuals.
Running services on a not-for-profit basis, we invest every penny back into our services - and, our people. So, if you are enthusiastic, motivated and committed to support people with Learning Disabilities to live fulfilling lives - here at Turning Point, we don't just offer you a job: we offer you a career.
Please apply online or send your CV directly to
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job