Support Worker in Wellingborough
Location: Wellingborough NN8, Northamptonshire
Contract type: full time, part time and bank OR 24 hours per week, 6 hours a day Monday to Thursday
Drivers highly desirable
Would you like to be part of a small and highly specialised service which is committed to supporting me in the community?
Would you like to work to engage and be an active member of my community?
Would you like to be well trained, well supported and well paid and know that you are making a positive difference every time you go to work?
I am looking for people to support me during the day to access my local community in Wellingborough, Northamptonshire. I am a young man with autism, a learning disability and ADHD. I live at home with my Mum and Sister in Wellingborough.
I enjoy going out and about every day. I enjoy trampolining, playing pool and bowling. I also go to Workbridge learning skills day opportunity every week. I have a bus and train pass and enjoy using public transport. I am very sociable and friendly, and lead a very active lifestyle. I am lots of fun to be with and want people to work with me who care about me and are dedicated to supporting me to develop my independent living skills and contribute to my local community. I have no awareness of risk or stranger danger and need staff to keep me safe in the community.
About the role
I love to get out and about in the community and need to be supported by active people that share my interests and values.
I need staff that understand autism and how it impacts on my life.
You should be
- Able to drive ideally.
- Experienced in supporting people with autism ideally.
- Share my interests and values.
- Be outgoing, warm and friendly.
- Relatively physically fit as I lead an active lifestyle and require support to transition (moving and handling).
- Be able to work strategically to reduce my anxieties and improve my quality of life.
- Be able to stick to the rules that will keep me and you safe.
You should have:
- The right attitude!
- A good attendance record.
- The ability to work in partnership with my friends and family.
This is a specialist support service in Wellingborough, Northamptonshire which has high expectations for our staff. You will receive all specialist training prior to supporting the person and this will take place in Northamptonshire. Please feel free to call the number below if you would like to know more.
The right people will receive:
- Annual pay reviews
- Reward Discount Scheme. This is a great scheme which will mean that you can get a whole range of discounts from top UK retailers to use as you like. The discounts that will be available to you include shopping cards offering up to 20% discounts on everyday shopping, holidays and eating out, discounts on days out, the cinema and attractions
- Excellent training and development
- Pension plan and life assurance cover
- Generous holidays with option to buy/sell days as suits your lifestyle
- Family/Flexible leave
- Free financial, legal and practical life advice, online health assessment tools, counselling services, and support from an occupational health and well-being provider
We take pride in the services that we provide. There is one vision that everyone at Turning Point shares, which is held together by our values. These include believing in potential, communicating in a confident way, embracing change and treating each other as individuals.
Running services on a not-for-profit basis, we invest every penny back into our services - and, our people. So, if you are enthusiastic, motivated and committed to support people with Learning Disabilities to live fulfilling lives - here at Turning Point, we don't just offer you a job: we offer you a career.
Please apply online or send your CV directly to
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closed date.