Support Worker in Raunds - Wellingborough
Support Worker in Raunds NN9
Contract type: full-time / part-time / bank
Salary: 15,500 per annum
Do you have a caring nature? Are you looking to make a difference to people's lives? Do you want to work in an environment where no 2 days are the same? Are you flexible with your working hours? Can you see yourself providing care to adults who need your support?
If you have answered a big YES to these questions we would LOVE to hear from you.
At Turning Point, we support people with Learning Disabilities across England.
As a Support Worker, you will make a real difference to residents' lives as you improve their daily living skills. Passionate about people, you will enjoy the scope and support to enhance your own life and career too, as you gain the experience and training you need to progress with us.
Where will I work?
It's a supported living service and you will be supporting a young female who has an acquired brain injury due to illness, 1-2-1 support in house and in the community as well as sleep ins. The lady lives in a flat and she is very independent, we support with her anxieties and unpredictable seizures.
What skills and qualities do I need to have?
Experience is not essential but is desired.
You will also be -
- Passionate, caring and enthusiastic
- Flexible, patient and non-judgemental
- A great team player with lots of energy
- Able to demonstrate good communication skills
- Able to complete the physical aspects of the role such as manual handling
What benefits will I receive?
Of course, we know it's not about the money. But that doesn't mean we don't reward our people for their invaluable work with a benefits package that includes:
- Annual pay reviews
- Reward Discount Scheme. This is a great scheme which will mean that you can get a whole range of discounts from top UK retailers to use as you like. The discounts that will be available to you include shopping cards offering up to 20% discounts on everyday shopping, holidays and eating out, discounts on days out, the cinema and attractions
- Excellent training and development
- Pension plan and life assurance cover
- Generous holidays with option to buy/sell days as suits your lifestyle
- Family/Flexible leave
- Free financial, legal and practical life advice, online health assessment tools, counselling services, and support from an occupational health and well-being provider
We take pride in the services that we provide. There is one vision that everyone at Turning Point shares, which is held together by our values. These include believing in potential, communicating in a confident way, embracing change and treating each other as individuals.
Running services on a not-for-profit basis, we invest every penny back into our services - and, our people. So, if you are enthusiastic, motivated and committed to support people with Learning Disabilities to live fulfilling lives - here at Turning Point, we don't just offer you a job: we offer you a career.
Hours: This service operates 24 hours 7 days a week, which will be based around a rota. You will need to be flexible to working evenings, weekends and sleep ins. You will work 8 hour shifts.
Please apply online or send your CV directly to
We look forward to you joining us!!!!!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"