Our scheme in Llanelli provides people with Mental Health Problems opportunities to make positive choices in their daily lives. Through support, to ensure the occupants feel safe and secure within their home and encourage individual development and
This role is a fixed term post for six months and part time at 18 hours per week
You will feel the reward of building lasting and trusting relationships with those you support, seeing them maintain their independence. The role will develop your communication and interpersonal skills, as well as your knowledge and networks within the support work role. This truly is an exciting opportunity for you to develop both personally and with your career.
How can I make a difference?
As a Support Worker you will be involved in day-to-day support including;
- Supporting people to live every day lives
- Support and prompting with medication
- Helping to prepare meals
- Accompanying our clients to social activities
- Providing social and emotional support
- Helping with shopping and domestic duties such as laundry and general housekeeping tasks
- Undertaking relevant training for the role
For this role you will require an Enhanced DBS check, which we pay for.
As part of a growing organisation there are endless opportunities for training, career development and progression.
Surrounded by an experienced team you will have a good foundation for a long career in support. This is truly an exciting opportunity for you to develop within the Health and Social Care Sector. You will contribute to enabling people to achieve their goals, which they have set themselves. Being part of this is highly rewarding. You will contribute to the success of the Pobl Group, which is moving from strength to strength see www.poblgroup.co.uk.
Who are we looking for?
A background of working with people with mental health needs is desired, but not necessary as full training and support from senior staff and management is provided. More important are;
- A genuine desire to help people and make a difference
- An understanding of the challenges that many of our service users face
- Keen listening and communication skills
- Empathy, compassion and a caring nature
- Flexibility including working evenings/ bank holidays and weekends
- Respect, integrity and dignity for our client groups
- A non-judgmental approach to providing care and support.
- A current driving license and your own transport as this position will involve travelling.
If you think this describes you, then we would love to hear from you.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'