Support Worker - Keighley - West Yorkshire
Contract type: - full-time / part-time / bank
Do you have a caring nature? Are you looking to make a difference to people’s lives? Do you want to work in an environment where no 2 days are the same? Are you flexible with your working hours? Can you see yourself providing care to adults who need your support?
If you have answered a big YES to these questions we would love to hear from you.
At Turning Point, we support people with Learning Disabilities across England.
As a Support Worker, you will make a real difference to residents' lives as you improve their daily living skills. Passionate about people, you will enjoy the scope and support to enhance your own life and career too, as you gain the experience and training you need to progress with us.
Where will I be working?
High Pastures is a small supported living house that provides 24hr person centred support to 4 individuals with physical and Learning Disabilities. We tailor our services to enable people to be as independent as possible.
High Pastures is located in a lovely rural area of Keighley.
As a support worker you will be required to work various shift patterns to support people to live independently, this will include working 1-1 with people in their home and in the community.
What will I be doing?
This is a hands-on job in which no two days are the same. Your duties will include:
- Promoting the independence of people we support
- Supporting a full range of daily activities including cleaning and cooking, days out, or going away on holiday
- Arranging activities in the home and in the local community
- Personal care, manual handling & helping with medication
What skills and qualities do I need to have?
Whilst knowledge of learning disabilities and complex needs would be beneficial, it isn't essential. What is essential is that you are:
- Passionate, caring and enthusiastic
- Flexible, patient and non-judgemental
- A great team player with lots of energy
- Able to demonstrate good communication skills
- Able to complete the physical aspects of the role such as manual handling
This is a 24 hour service, therefore flexibility is essential. You will be working a range of shifts from 7:00/8:00 am to 1:00/2:00pm and 1:00/2:00 pm to 9:00/10:00pm, sleep ins or waking nights, some weekends.
Please note that working hours may vary from service to service.
What benefits will I receive?
Of course, we know it's not about the money. But that doesn't mean we don't reward our people for their invaluable work with a benefits package that includes:
- Annual pay reviews
- Reward Discount Scheme. This is a great scheme which will mean that you can get a whole range of discounts from top UK retailers to use as you like. The discounts that will be available to you include shopping cards offering up to 20% discounts on everyday shopping, holidays and eating out, discounts on days out, the cinema and attractions
- Excellent training and development
- Pension plan and life assurance cover
- Generous holidays with option to buy/sell days as suits your lifestyle
- Family/Flexible leave
- Free financial, legal and practical life advice, online health assessment tools, counselling services, and support from an occupational health and well-being provider
Why Turning Point?
We take pride in the services that we provide. There is one vision that everyone at Turning Point shares, which is held together by our values. These include believing in potential, communicating in a confident way, embracing change and treating each other as individuals.
Running services on a not-for-profit basis, we invest every penny back into our services - and, our people. So, if you are enthusiastic, motivated and committed to support people with Learning Disabilities to live fulfilling lives - here at Turning Point, we don't just offer you a job: we offer you a career.
- Learning Disabilities
- Supported Living