Work Relief Charity Recruitment is delighted to be working with one of London’s most prolific homeless charities and looking to recruit a Housing Support Worker for their homeless housing project.
Our client specialises in the provision of support, guidance and housing with homeless young people and adults, and we are looking for a dedicated and innovative Support Worker to join the team to provide a direct housing support service to vulnerable homeless people with the aim to assist in achieving independent living.
You will be working within a project which supports 60 single people up to the age of 65 with a range of complex needs including, experience of rough sleeping or homelessness, substance misuse and/or mental ill health.
£23,000 per annum plus benefits including: Competitive salary, comprehensive training and development programme, 25 days annual leave (exclusive of Bank Holidays), occupational sick pay, contributory group pension scheme, free life assurance and salary sacrifice schemes (eg. childcare vouchers).
Full Time, Permanent
37.5 hours comprising of shifts with a rolling rota. Typical shift pattern (may be subject to some variation dependent on the needs of specific services):
Early - 7am - 3pm / Late - 2pm - 10pm / Weekends - 2 weekends off in a 6 week rota
Duties will include:
- Holding a caseload of customers and coordinate their support packages including accessing appropriate statutory and voluntary services.
- Agree support plans with customers and to record outcomes and review progress in achieving their goals.
- Provide individualised support, tailored to the specific needs of the homeless adults and young people who use our services.
- Ensure that customers are supported to achieve independent living through proactive support and linking in with relevant agencies.
- Work proactively with external agencies that are providing support to our customers often
providing joint support planning.
- To be accessible and responsive at all times to customers’ concerns and requests for information.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced support professional with knowledge and understanding of promoting independent living with young homeless people and providing structured support to vulnerable client groups. Ideally you will have experience in support work, housing, homelessness, family support, casework, outreach work or youth work.
Suitable candidates will have experience and/or knowledge in the following:
- Experience of supporting vulnerable people to achieve independent living
- An understanding of the reasons why people become homeless
- Knowledge of the resources available for homeless people
- An understanding of the needs and challenges of homeless people
- Ability to take on a caseload with responsibility for key working a group of customers and co-ordinating support packages
- Ability to be approachable and accessible to customers
To apply, please email a copy of your CV. All suitable candidates will be asked to complete some vacancy specific questions in order to progress to the next stage of the recruitment process.
Deadline for returned questions: Midnight - Saturday 17th February 2018
Due to the high number of applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you have not heard from one of our representatives within 1 week of applying, then your application has been unsuccessful.
- support work