Support Worker - Hertfordshire - Ambleside
Do you have a compassionate and caring nature? Are you looking to make a difference to people's lives? Do you want to work in an interesting, rewarding environment? Can you see yourself providing care to adults who need your support?
If you have answered a big YES to these questions we would love to hear from you.
At Turning Point, we support people with Learning Disabilities across England.
As a Support Worker, you will make a real difference to residents' lives. Passionate about people, you will enjoy the scope and support to enhance your own life and career too, as you gain the experience and training you need to progress with us.
Where will I be working?
Welcome to Ambleside.
We are a residential care facility supporting up to six individuals with profound disabilities. We have been providing care for people with learning disabilities and other associated health needs, for nearly twenty years. We tailor our services to be person centred, and enable people to be as independent as possible.
What will I be doing?
This is a hands-on job. Your duties will include:
- Ensuring the safety and well-being of individuals overnight.
- Personal care, manual handling & helping with medication.
- Promoting the independence of people we support.
- Maintaining a clean and homely environment.
What skills and qualities do I need to have?
Whilst knowledge of learning disabilities and complex needs would be beneficial, it isn't essential. Full training will be given. What is essential is that you are:
- Passionate, caring and enthusiastic
- Flexible, patient and non-judgemental
- A great team player with lots of energy
- Able to demonstrate good communication skills
- Able to complete the physical aspects of the role such as manual handling
This is a 24 hour service, therefore you will be expected to work a range of different shifts. This includes some early and late shifts as well as weekend work.
What benefits will I receive?
Of course, we know it's not about the money. But that doesn't mean we don't reward our people for their invaluable work with a benefits package that includes:
- Excellent training and development
- A pension plan & annual leave with an option to buy and sell
- Family/flexible leave, childcare vouchers, season ticket loan, & Bike 2 Work scheme
- Free financial, legal and practical life advice, online health assessment tools, counselling services, and support from an occupational health and well-being provider
Why Turning Point?
We take pride in the services that we provide. There is one vision that everyone at Turning Point shares, which is held together by our values. These include believing in potential, communicating in a confident way, embracing change and treating each other as individuals.
Running services on a not-for-profit basis, we invest every penny back into our services - and, our people. So, if you are enthusiastic, motivated and committed to support people with Learning Disabilities to live fulfilling lives - here at Turning Point, we don't just offer you a job: we offer you a career.
If you would like to apply or require any further information on the role please contact me on .
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job