Experienced Support Workers required to work in Gateshead area for 35 hours per week plus 1 sleep in. Temp to Perm Contracts.
All Applicants must be confident, reliable and have the ability to provide high levels of care to service user at all times.
You will work as part of a team to provide care and support for a Female client with moderate learning disability, autism, to enable her to live as independently as possible. Experience dealing with Challenging behaviour a must.
Duties can include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting with personal care tasks such as washing, dressing, toileting and feeding
- General household tasks such as laundry
- Promoting the privacy, dignity and freedom of choice of individuals at all times
- Providing person-centred support, as per individual support plans
- Work with individuals to minimise behaviours that create risk
- Any other duties as reasonably required
The shifts can varey from sleep in's and waking nights worked over a 35 hour week which is spread over a 7 day period to ensure client safety. Full time staff are entitled to the statutory 5.6 weeks holidays per year, bank worker accrue holidays on a pro rata basis. The rate of pay is £7.50 - £8.50 for over 25 year olds.
- 6 months UK experience in a formal care setting is essential
- Experience working with Learning Disabilities and/or challenging behaviour
- Happy to perform a range of personal care tasks
- Proof of Eligibility to Work in the UK
- Effective verbal and written communication
- The Benefits
- Excellent pay rates, paid week
- Staff Incentives
Apply directly with your CV and one of our care specialists will contact you Offers of employment are subject to satisfactory references and DBS disclosure
- Learning Disabilities
- Personal Care
- Support Workers