Start your day knowing you'll make a difference - join our team of Support Workers (Float) in Wiltshire and create a positive difference that improves the life for the people we support.
Do you like variety? Do you enjoy working with and supporting a wide range of people? This is a unique, permanent Floating Support Worker role for Dimensions offering an increased rate. We have full time and part time contracts available. Contracted hours for full time are 37.5 hours to include 2 sleep-ins per week and part time hours are 24 hours plus to include 1 sleep -in per week.
The role will involve reporting directly to the Locality Manager, travelling across the region and working in a range of services covering for staff annual leave and sickness. This could include last minute emergency cover expectations and so flexibility is essential.
You will need to be flexible as you will work a range of shifts, including sleep ins, early, late, long days, waking nights. A large proportion of your work will be scheduled at least one month in advance, but the nature of the role may mean this is subject to change. You will need to be a driver for this role; mileage and reasonable travel time payable. Responsive night rate to average National Living Wage.
The company will offer you extensive service specific training in addition to a wide range of mandatory training. We are flexible on whether you would prefer to be based from home or in our office in Chippenham, however you will be allocated shifts across Wiltshire and neighbouring localities. In certain circumstances, you could also be asked to cover some shifts in Oxford, Bristol and Gloucester but this will be discussed beforehand.
Please ensure that you read the above description before applying as this sets out the expectations of the role. If this sounds of interest to you then please apply below.
The Dimensions Approach to Support
Our unique “Activate” approach puts decision making closer to the people we support. It sets personalised and challenging goals with them, their families and you, their Support Worker - by teaching new skills and enabling people to try new experiences.
Research has proven that this progressive model is the best way to deliver measurable improvements in the quality of life for people - and you and your colleagues in their support teams. It achieves an increase in active support and meaningful activity for people, a reduction in challenging behaviour - and an increase in your own satisfaction, with over 60% of Support Workers reporting that the 'Activate’ model has increased the quality of their working life.
Simply put, our ‘Activate’ approach offers you a better working life, with the satisfaction that you’ve changed someone’s life for the better, in a role where you can be the best that you can be.
Sharing in our Values:
We pride ourselves on being a values based employer. That means we believe passionately in:
Ambition- helping people be the best they can be by:
- Setting personalised and challenging goals.
- Teaching new skills and encouraging new experiences.
Courage - being brave enough to make a difference, by:
- Challenging what you feel is not in the best interest of the person you are supporting.
- Championing what they want to achieve for themselves - and helping to make it happen.
- Helping the people we support to explore new things - and supporting them to realise what they can achieve.
- Giving confidence to people in reaching their goals and not being afraid of new challenges.
- Inspiring innovation and supporting the courage to be creative.
Integrity - being honest and fair in all the things we do, by:
- Communicating clearly - adapting what you say and how you say it, so that it’s meaningful for the person you’re supporting.
- Exercising confidentiality when dealing with vulnerable adults - for example, when managing financial and personal details.
Partnership - working with other people to make a bigger difference, by:
- Understanding the varying needs and requirements of people with disabilities.
- Developing positive working relationships with those involved in Dimensions – including those we support, their families and carers, your internal colleagues and external agencies.
- Working as part of a team.
Respect - treating everyone fairly and knowing that everyone’s voice is important, by:
- Sharing our commitment to Equal Opportunities for all.
- Treating all people with dignity and respect.
Those are the qualities that you’ll need to join the team - they’re beliefs shared by everyone who works with us.
If you think this is the right role for you, come and make a difference to people’s lives, every working day!
If being a Support Worker sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you. The attached job description, person specification and additional information will provide you with lots of information on the role and Dimensions. To apply it couldn’t be simpler - just click on the button below to complete the application process.Or
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job