Would you like to develop a career working with Adults and the Elderly with Learning Difficulties and Complex Needs in Nursing and semi independent homes across Dorset?
We are currently looking the right person to join our team of Health Care Support Workers who are flexible to work shift patterns which include 12-hour shifts including a sleep in. There is an expectation for successful applicants to work at least 1 weekend per month.
This is a full-time permanent position paying up to £10 per hour with an extensive training package, funded qualifications, and fantastic internal progression opportunities. (Part-time still available).
As a Health Care Support Worker, you will be an integral part of the team helping to develop the independence of the service user and maintaining the Company’s reputation. Whether you are in the home or out in the community you will be implementing the person-centered approach developed by the Company to ensure each service user develops and supported at their own pace.
Benefits for the Support Worker:
- Flexible shift patterns
- Paid Training
- Opportunities for internal progression, for example to Senior, Shift Leader.
- Pension Scheme
- Childcare Voucher Scheme
- Comprehensive training and support given
- The opportunity to make a difference to someone's life and wellbeing
- Has up-to-date knowledge of relevant legislation and guidance in relation to working with and the protection of adults.
- Displays commitment to the protection and safeguarding adults.
- Works collaboratively and supportively with colleagues within the organisation and with colleagues in other organisations
- Values and respects the views and needs of service users.
- Respects and values the different experiences. Ideas and backgrounds other can bring to work and to learn.
- Is resilient and demonstrates ability to work well under pressure.
- Manages time effectively
- Staff must be flexible with shift patterns
- Is willing to work within organisational procedures, processes and to meet required standards for the role
- Is committed to continual personal and professional development. Is reflective and learns from past experiences.
- Ability to form and maintain appropriate relationships and personal boundaries with service users
- Emotional resilience in working with challenging behaviours; and
- attitudes to use of authority and maintaining discipline/routines
- Excellent and clear communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Has a relevant qualifications
- Has relevant previous experience working in Adult care. Ideally with learning disabilities.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
Support Worker will be expected to work at various locations around Dorset and occasionally the neighbouring counties. Whether the support is needed in the home or out in the community, you will be implementing the person-centred approach developed by the Company to ensure each service user develops at their own pace.
The ideal candidate will be extremely confident, organised, well-presented and be able to use their own initiative.
This position will involve working as part of a wider team and on their own at times. A line manager will be assigned to the appointed Support Worker, who along with the office staff will support them in their day to day role.
This will include:
- Assisting clients with all aspects of personal care, promoting self-help and independence in-line with care plans and supporting with moving and handling techniques
- Assisting the administration of medication
- Assisting with domestic duties
- Participate in regular review meetings if applicable
- Attend and contribute to team meetings
- Managing challenging behaviour in a safe and effective manner
- To maintain knowledge and operate within current legislation and company policies and procedures
- Promote independence and develop a trusting relationship with the service user
- Maintain confidentiality at all times
- Report any concerns that may indicate safeguarding and health and safety is being compromised
- To undertake all mandatory training in line with company policies and procedures
This is not meant to be an exhaustive list; the job holder may be required to undertake such other duties as Management may from time to time reasonably require.
This role is fast paced and requires someone who self-motivated and who can work well in a team.
MJ Support Staffing is a young and rapidly expanding care and support agency supplying talented staff into a variety of settings across several counties. Based in Bridgwater we have a small office environment with a close-knit team.
We are an equal opportunities employer and value diversity. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit and business need.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £10.00 /hour
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: £10.00 /hour
- Health Care
- Mental Health
- Social Care
- Support Workers
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'