PCB Care are currently recruiting Support Workers to work in a supporting living service in Hackney on a temp to perm basis for a well known organisation, supporting adults with autism and learning disabilities.
Your day to day duties will include:
- Working full time on a rota basis 38hrs per week - temporary to permanent
- Supporting adults with daily tasks, medication, personal care and social activities on a one to one basis
- Prompting independence and providing support to enable people with complex autism to live within their local community
This job will be challenging, working with people with complex behaviour that takes time to get to understand. If you have enthusiasm to learn what makes someone tick and the patience to work them through difficult times you will be rewarded by seeing the difference you can make to a person's day. Once you go permanent with the organisation, you will be provided with Autism training to build up your knowledge and skills to become a specialist practitioner giving you the expertise and practical experience you need to go on to careers in social work, psychology or the community care sector.
If you answer yes to the following, then you could be the Support Worker we need! Do you have?
- A minimum of 6 months recent experience working as a Support Worker
- Experience supporting adults with autism and challenging behaviour
- Excellent communication skills
- 2 years worth of professional references
- An enhanced DBS or are able to pay for one at interview
- A car driver would be preferable but isn't essential
- NVQ level 2/3 in social care is preferred but also not essential
In return for being a valued Support Worker, PCB Care will:
- Provide free training
- Offer you competitive pay rates
- Provide you with a committed Co-ordinator that will give you support & guidance!
- Offer referral bonuses
This position is based in East London and would be suitable for people living in and around Hackney, Lower Clapton, Stoke Newington, Dalston & Shacklewell.
If you are interested in this temp to perm support worker role, please click apply now or send you CV directly to . Alternatively, you can call Sam on to discuss further.
**PCB Care is an equal opportunities employer**