Support Worker - Early Learning & Childcare - Lunnasting Primary School
The purpose of this post is to work effectively as a member of an Early Learning and Childcare team to support in the delivery of a high quality, safe and balanced education and care service, which meets the needs of each young child and their families and is in accordance with relevant legislation and guidelines.
Lunnasting Primary School is a non-denominational school located in Vidlin. It provides nursery to P7 education for children from Vidlin and surrounding areas. The structure of the school is 1 nursery class and 2 composite primary classes. There are currently 22 pupils in the school 12 pupils in the nursery. The school is managed by a teaching Head Teacher. The current staffing complement is 3 teachers assisted by support staff as required to meet school demands. The current Head Teacher is Mrs Fiona Marshall. Further information can be found on the schools website at
More detail is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached to the bottom of this advert.
Please follow the link(s) below for further information -Additional Information
- The grade of this post is E/F
- Rate of pay shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £1.1172 per hour
- This post is career graded - your salary and career progression will depend on your experience and qualifications
- Permanent Term Time Part Time post for 20.83 Hours per Week, 40.5 weeks per year plus 6.27 weeks (pro rata) paid holiday to be taken during school holidays
- Preferred candidates will be required to join the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update prior to a formal offer of employment being made
- The successful candidate will have to complete registration with the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) within 6 months of the agreed start date
- A relocation package does not apply to this post
- We will pay interview expenses from within Shetland
- The successful candidate will be subject to satisfactory Pre-Employment Medical screening with our Occupational Health provider
- We are happy to talk flexible working
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
This post is based at Lunnasting Primary School, Vidlin
For further details relating to this post, please contact: Fiona Marshall, Head Teacher, onor email
If you have a disability which prevents you from applying online, please call.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'