Fair Ways are seeking to support one of our new service users who has a Moderate Intellectual Disability, ADHD and Autism based in his own home in the Southampton area. This role will be a 1-1 position building the confidence and independence of the individual through interaction with the community and general daily supported tasks inside and outside his home.
Who will I be supporting?
- This individual enjoys being an active part of their local community and the successful applicant will need to be keen in assisting them getting out and about accessing groups and activities within their local area.
- The individual enjoys being kept busy and active and this is an important part of developing their interaction, communication skills and experiences.
- This individual will be working towards securing some voluntary work so applicants will need to be keen to assist in supporting the individual to reach a point where this could be achievable.
- The individual does not require personal care however will need prompting to ensure that they have undertaken normal daily personal care along with supporting them with usual daily living tasks. The individual will need supervision when taking their medication and full training will be given for this.
What skills do I need to have?
- This role would suit applicants that consider themselves proactive, positive and encouraging and want to make a genuine difference to the lives of others.
- Applicants will need to be comfortable setting clear positive boundaries to ensure the safety and well-being of the individual at all times.
- Applicants will ideally have some experience of working with and/or supporting adults with additional needs however if you feel you have come from a background with suitable transferable skills applications will be duly considered.
- Candidates will need to be prepared to work on a 1-1 basis but also be part of a larger support team being involved in handover's and sharing information within the team as required.
- The work will consist of a shift pattern that will include working some weekends and sleep-ins as required. These can be flexible and discussion around this is welcomed.
- It is not required for candidates to have a driving licence although this could be advantageous.
- All successful candidates will be required to complete an enhanced Disclosure (DBS). This disclosure cost will be met by Fair Ways.
Do you want to work for a company that has been voted third in the Sunday Times Not for Profit organisations to work for?
Fair Ways staff play a critical role in the success of the business. It is our people who innovate, develop, promote our identity and deliver our services. We all share a common goal to deliver excellent services in line with our Mission, Vision & Values.
Choosing a career with us means joining an organisation that makes a difference. There is tremendous opportunity here for creative thinkers who want to lead the industry through innovation, nourish the community with quality, and be a part of something great.
Fair Ways places importance on valuing staff and recognising the key role staff play in the organisation that’s why we offer:
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Health Care Scheme*
- Additional Holiday Purchase Scheme*
- Service based additional annual Leave accrual
- Bespoke training department
- Education Grant Scheme*
- Free Parking
- Free Fruit Tea and Coffee
- Future Leaders Programme*
- Staff Lottery*
*Subject to qualifying period
We encourage a diverse workforce and welcome applications from all communities. Dont delay, make your application for a new and exciting career today!
- Foster Care
- Social Care
- Community Outreach
- Support Workers
- Youth Outreach
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'